Cycling for lazy sods.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
At the moment cyclists have to push their bikes up hill.
Erm, have to?? Can't they cycle up hills then?! Lazy beggars.
I of course go out of my way to find hills to cycle up and would never be thinking to myself "I wish I had a chair lift right now" :whistle:

Edwards80

Über Member
Huh? What's the point in that. I'm assuming there will be an escalator on most mountains in the near future, weights in the gym will be held on supports above your head so you just have to grab on and "couch to 5k" running programmes will become "Couch to No.5 Bus"

I didn't have folks north of the border down as softies :biggrin:

It's downhill mtn biking, different beast altogether and not so unusual. many centres offer uplifts already, normally in the form of a clapped out old minbus pulling a trailer. I'd like to see you ride a downhill bike up to the top of the Ben Nevis course.

Edwards80

Über Member
I'd like to see you ride a downhill bike up to the top of the Ben Nevis course.

I wouldn't :ohmy:

My post was thoroughly tongue in cheek. Used to go along to watch my brother race DH and they would sometimes be ferried back up on quad bikes/trailers. . . . might be cheaper to pay people to do that rather than spend 5.5m on a chairlift actually.

My post was thoroughly tongue in cheek. Used to go along to watch my brother race DH and they would sometimes be ferried back up on quad bikes/trailers. . . . might be cheaper to pay people to do that rather than spend 5.5m on a chairlift actually.

It wasn't particularly aimed at anyone, my reply.

I guess they think that spending that kind of money is going to benefit the local economy and they are probably right.

Cyclopathic

Veteran

That seems a bit excessive for a chair lift. I would have thought a couple of quid would be nearer the mark.:whistle:

Top Bottom