Cycling Glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Check these out:

oakley-radar-lock-edge-black-glasses.jpg
£175.50 from Evans Cycles.

Now check these out:

53471_P.jpg
£4.99 from Screwfix.
Just thought I'd share.:bravo:

buggi

Bird Saviour
:smile:

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Irrefutable proof that cheap glasses are cheaper than more expensive glasses..?? Who knew..??

Merely pointing out to beginners such as myself that cheap and suitable glasses can be bought for a fraction of the cost. In my opinion glasses are a necessary part of cycling equipment. At the price shown they become within easy reach of the cycling beginner. Just saying. :thumbsup:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Yes it's always worth pointing out as I picked up a pair of THESE for £9.99 a few months back .. It's a pity the web page was taken down (shop closed down) that weekend I received them in the post as I was going to post it on here :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Do the ones from Screwfix have the same level of UV protection for the eyes as the Oakley? Yes, you'll be paying loads for the branding, Evans margin, pose factor etc etc but I suspect the Oakleys will have rather better lenses which might be a consideration especially in bright sunlight :smile:

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Do the ones from Screwfix have the same level of UV protection for the eyes as the Oakley? Yes, you'll be paying loads for the branding, Evans margin, pose factor etc etc but I suspect the Oakleys will have rather better lenses which might be a consideration especially in bright sunlight :smile:

Certainly looks like it vickster:

Sports style frame with moulded nose piece and rubber-tipped temples. Wraparound lens for a wide, uncompromised field of vision.​
  • Polycarbonate Wraparound Lens​
  • Anti-Scratch Lens​
  • Grade F Impact Lens​
  • Optical Class 1​
  • 99.9% UV Protection​
  • PPE Compatible​
  • Protection Against Flying Debris​

vickster

Legendary Member
Shame you can't fit prescription lenses to them!

Reactions: gaz

oilyormo

gettin warmer??
I would love to be in a financial position where i can spend £170 extra on a pair of cycling sunglasses.
Maybe when ive earned my first million.
Thanks for the link.

RWright

Guru
There are tons of sites out there selling Oakley knock offs very cheap, that look really nice. I checked on it and a lot of people are very happy with them. I don't know how the sites get away with it, but they do, and have been for a while. I got a pair of Native riding glasses when Nashbar was running a big sale on them but I still might go for a pair of the Oakley knock offs at about 10 percent of Oakley's price.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Conversation.
"Wow, nice glasses. where did you get them?"
"Got 'em from Screwfix. £4.99. Work a treat."
"Oh.................Screwfix.............. Oh dear.......... Never mind. I'm sure you'll find some decent ones somewhere."

U

User6179

Check these out:

oakley-radar-lock-edge-black-glasses.jpg
£175.50 from Evans Cycles.

Now check these out:

53471_P.jpg
£4.99 from Screwfix.
Just thought I'd share.:bravo:

You may want to look at a pair in the flesh first as I have a similiar pair I got for nothing on a construction site as they were being handed out free and I wouldnt wear them on my bike as the lenses are a lot bigger than standard cycling glasses, make you look like a scientist type .:eek:

Aldi ones I bought 3 years ago for £2.99 with 3 different lenses are really good.

Had muddy fox ones before that broke trying to put the lenses in so not always good idea to go cheap.

Top Bottom