cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

My new pair arrived today and I just wanted to ask a question regarding fit. Is the fit different to day to day sun glasses in that they cover the middle and top of your focus. What I mean is, if I read a paper with them on my view would fall under where the lenses sit. Usually sun glasses shield my eyes even if I am looking at my feet. I hope this makes sense!!!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I will explain this better. On the bike when I look down at the computer and handlebars my view does not go through the lenses, maybe this is the way cycling glasses work!!??

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think it just depends on the style of glasses you've bought. Applies to sunglasses too as mine are quite small and narrow so if I look down without moving my head, I'm not looking through the lens. My cycling glasses are much larger and so for example when they steam up, it's difficult to look around them

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

I think it just depends on the style of glasses you've bought. Applies to sunglasses too as mine are quite small and narrow so if I look down without moving my head, I'm not looking through the lens. My cycling glasses are much larger and so for example when they steam up, it's difficult to look around them
These are the ones that I puchased.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duco-POLARIZED-Sunglasses-Cycling-Interchangeable/dp/B014A5TR6S

Maybe I just have a large head?

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

They are similar in shape to mine. I think it's more to do with your nose and therefore how close they fit to your face.
Ok thanks. I guess all I need to to be able to ride during bright conditions without being blinded by the sun!

Top Bottom