Cycling holiday / campsite in UK for children

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
I’m looking for a campsite somewhere in the UK for a short break which is ideally flat around the park. Maybe some flat tarmaced paths close by would also be good.

Children are 7 & 8 so only pootling around but just want to encourage them to get out on their bikes more

Does anyone know of anywhere ?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Kiln Park in Tenby is a large site with pools and entertainment in the night.as well as the paths aroun d the site there is a path to the beach and to the town.

Can be busy in high season.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
New Forest? Lots of off road trails, perfect for family riding. Long Meadows campsite is in the middle of it all and on my list of places to go
My kids love New Forest camping. The free range horses and cows make it very special.

There are loads of campsites ranging from fully serviced to off grid.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Glenmore or Coylumbridge, near Aviemore, are good too, with a large number of forest tracks to explore. As with the New Forest, they are mostly firm gravel rather than tarmac. A fair way off, though.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Loads of choice round Barmouth or Dolgellau. You'll have the Mawddach trail, which is fab and the promenade at Barmouth. Plus the experience of riding over a rickety old wooden bridge (it's quite safe, trains go over as well). In my experience children love doing different things. I regularly took my son and friends to Beaumaris pier crabbing and they spent eight hours throwing a line in, waiting a couple of minutes and pulling some crabs out. Thought they'd get bored but invariably they want to do it again the next day! Camp sites are great for children making new friends as well.

F70100

Who, me ?
Gullivers Milton Keynes (part of the Camping and Caravaning Club network) allows direct access to MK’s cycle ways.

Sixmile

Veteran
Castlewellan, well you did say UK...

Great spot for camping, all modern facilities, large lake to cycle around, play park, nature trails and a big maze all set in probably the most picturesque corner of Northern Ireland.

castlewellan-castle-now.jpg

residentials.jpg

Top Bottom