Cycling hopes and dreams for 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’s almost the end of the year and during these dark nights many of you will thinking of cycling hopes and dreams for next year.

My main hope for 2022 is London Edinburgh London audax gets to run next August. Plus that my speed and endurance are up to the task. I’d also like the opportunity to get across to France and possibly the alps for a tour if that is possible.

What are your cycling hopes and dreams for next year?

tyred

Legendary Member
To get back on the bike and try not to get run over again.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
To remember why you ride is an important point not to get lost if chasing any targets or events.
I've really learned this point very much this year. The old leg strength is declining due to lumbar disc/sciatic issues and I used to beat myself up still trying to manage distances/speeds I could do even a couple of years ago then came to my senses. If there's days I only manage 20 miles at 12 mph now I really don't care any more. Much more important that I enjoy these 20 miles. :smile:

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I've really learned this point very much this year. The old leg strength is declining due to lumbar disc/sciatic issues and I used to beat myself up still trying to manage distances/speeds I could do even a couple of years ago then came to my senses. If there's days I only manage 20 miles at 12 mph now I really don't care any more. Much more important that I enjoy these 20 miles. :smile:

Yes better to go for the ride and enjoy it, than worry about how your speed compares to a younger you or others. Quiet time on the bike is precious and brings mental as well as physical benefits. We mustn’t forget the former and only chase the latter. As far as I’m concerned, no such thing as junk miles.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Get some decent weather for cycling and be able to travel off island to get more variety. Mind you I also hope to be alive to do it with my marbles mostly intact.
I cycle for enjoyment as well as exercise and set no targets.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm booked with a friend and bikes on the Harwich/Hoek ferry in May. We plan to cycle through South and North Holland and Friesland to my son in Groningen in the North of NL, and then back through the centre of the country.

I'd love to cycle alone from home (present) in Somerset to home (past) in the Waveney valley along the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

Speed and big days are not really my thing, but a small part of me would like to do my first 100 mile day.

What I look forward to most, though, is cycling with Ms AU on sunny days on Somerset lanes.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I hope to do more MTB next year, and to complement that I hope to build or acquire if the right bike comes along a full suspension rig, I have always being a dedicated hard tail rider liking the lightness and the feel for the trail you get with them, but the old body is finding it harder to cope especially the back.

Over the years help convert friends, colleagues and people that I meet to take up road cycling. It started with a someone coming up to me at Borough Market, London as I was getting back on my bike after coffee. "Is it hard to ride a bike like that?" It dawned on me that others might wonder but did not want to ask.

Will double down in 2022.

Top Bottom