Cycling hopes and dreams for 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Absolutely! Even if it’s just meeting at Honeystreet and riding to Woodborough!

Exactly! That sounds brill! We could do a cafe crawl! Coffee and cake at Honey st and then lunch at Sticks and Stones! I’m definitely up for that!

vickster

Legendary Member
i had my last ride of 2022 yesterday (coffee followed by a less that delightful return with a 15mph cold headwind interspersed with rain). My target for the year was 3500, Strava tells me 3646 across 504 rides, some very short, none very long, not even sure I managed a 50 mile day).

I’ll aim for the same mileage in 2023, got a L2B place for June to train for. I might get back on the bike post holiday, but knee op on 16th Jan means I likely won’t get outside until late Feb earliest.

Happy cycling all, however far or not it may be :smile:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I made some of my wishes for 2022.

Cycle toured in the Netherlands.
Cycled a bit along the Waveney valley, but not the whole thing.
Cycled across London.
Cycled lots with Ms AU
Longest day was 76 miles.

All very enjoyable. Hoping for more enjoyment and variety in 2023.

Where did you cycle along the Waveney Valley ? And was it good ?

**Wondering (Being local) if I’ve missed something epic somewhere !

Tribansman

Veteran
Still hoping to hit my annual target for 2022 but it's going to be tough with grim weather forecast most of the next few days.

Due to a big change for me and Mrs T from January - she's left teaching to be a foster carer, we welcome our first young person soon! - 2022 was always going to be the last year for a while of really big miles and really big trips where I can regularly b**ger off for whole or multiple days!

It's been my best ever cycling year, loads of memorable rides with the stand outs being LEL and a London-Wales-London trip. Managed 40 separate 100+ mile rides too.

Will be switching gears for 2023, lots of much shorter rides, including getting out on the MTB more with Mini T now that he's got his first mountain bike. And who knows, maybe we'll have a +1 joining us for a few of them ^_^

So still hoping to get regular bike time - think I'm going to need it for a bit of 'me' and 'dad and Mini T' time - but smaller chunks and less obsessive about it!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Surprisingly, I have made it to 3000 miles this year. Only just. I was 16 miles short until this morning and with heavy rain and high winds forecast here for the remaining days of 2022, I made the effort this morning and went out. It rained :rolleyes:, but I persisted with my pet hate of riding in the rain and got it done. However, I feel a bit guilty as 900 of those claimed miles were done on an e-bike :ohmy:, so IMHO cannot be claimed as "real cycling" miles. At least they were actual miles (a unit of distance, not effort) and done outside, Zwifters :laugh:.

I had a couple of aims in 2022:
  • Complete LEL within the cut-off.
  • Ride a minimum of 1,000 miles in each calendar month of the year.
Managed to achieve both, finishing the year on 13,644 miles (7,590 commuting).

Top Bottom