Cycling in Liguria, Italy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User269

On the basis of looking at some maps and websites, we fancy a summer holiday in this region, somewhere around San Remo or Diano San Pietro. Has anyone cycled in this area? Is it any good? We would be fixed base, and I'd want to do 30 - 50 mile fast blasts, preferably with some mountains, before returning for lunch and the aftenoon on the beach. ;)
Any tips about routes and good locations would be most welcome.

OP
OP
U

User269

oh come on..................!!! :biggrin:

orbiter

I've stayed in the area (Imperia) without a bike but with local friends to show me round some nice places. Flat, very winding road along the coast and long, beatiful (visually!) climbs up to mountain villages. Apricale, Perinaldo, Dolceaqua & Dolcedo spring to mind. Drivers seem to treat cyclists well - certainly on weekends when the cycling club runs are out and hard to overtake. Cycling into the mountains early in the day would certainly give you a long cool downhill run back to the beach. Not much help but maybe better than nothing.

Pete

OP
OP
U

User269

Thanks Pete, that sounds most encouraging. We're almost certainly going the last 2 weeks of June, and should be staying near some of the places you mentioned.

Top Bottom