Cycling in Majorca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Hi

Just back from my second cycling holiday in Majorca which was a bit of a wash-out, three days cycling lost to wind and rain!

Last time I stayed in Port de Pollensa, this time in Can Picafort so I`m slowly making my way down the east coast of the island.

Any recommendations for further down that coastline? Anyone stayed in Porto Cristo or Cala D`Or - any good for cycle hire?

Any other suggestions totally welcome.

FWIW Can Picafort was nice but rather compact and we all know that Port de Pollensa seems to be the major destination on the island for cyclists

Globalti

Legendary Member
What about the Tramuntana? Soller is a nice town and there's a Pinarello hire shop in Carrer de sa Lluna.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
I actually like being by the shore, I know Soller is too but don`t you have to climb every time you want to leave the Port, up to the Ma10. I was hoping to do a ride to Soller this time but the rubbish weather scuppered that. I quite like days were I just ride on the flat too

Hi

Just back from my second cycling holiday in Majorca which was a bit of a wash-out, three days cycling lost to wind and rain!

Last time I stayed in Port de Pollensa, this time in Can Picafort so I`m slowly making my way down the east coast of the island.

Any recommendations for further down that coastline? Anyone stayed in Porto Cristo or Cala D`Or - any good for cycle hire?

FWIW Can Picafort was nice but rather compact and we all know that Port de Pollensa seems to be the major destination on the island for cyclists

There is good reason why the Pollensa area is so popular with cyclists. It has a great mix of cycling terrain. Soller would be good for someone who loves climbing.

Cala D'Or has a couple of cycle hire places but is a bit of a mish-mash development and has nowhere near the interesting cycle routes that Pollensa has.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
There is good reason why the Pollensa area is so popular with cyclists. It has a great mix of cycling terrain. Soller would be good for someone who loves climbing.

Cala D'Or has a couple of cycle hire places but is a bit of a mish-mash development and has nowhere near the interesting cycle routes that Pollensa has.

To be fair, I dont actually mind climbing, it`s the coming down that I hate with all the weekend warriors thinking they are Chris Froome!

And that looks like Cala D`Or off my list lol

Domus

Guru
We had the week 8th to 15th of April in Can Pastilla. Berganti Bikes have a fantastic website where you can hire a bike and book a hotel on the one site.

10 minutes from Palma Airport, last year stayed at Hotel Java, this year Hotel Helios, could not fault any part.
We did Cura, Soller, and routes east and west. Berganti have lots of GPX routes downloadable when you hire a bike.

https://bergantibikes.com/en/home
Going back next year.:bicycle::sun:

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
We had the week 8th to 15th of April in Can Pastilla. Berganti Bikes have a fantastic website where you can hire a bike and book a hotel on the one site.

10 minutes from Palma Airport, last year stayed at Hotel Java, this year Hotel Helios, could not fault any part.
We did Cura, Soller, and routes east and west. Berganti have lots of GPX routes downloadable when you hire a bike.

https://bergantibikes.com/en/home
Going back next year.:bicycle::sun:

Food for thought althought I`m not sure I`d like being that close to the airport. Had a holiday in Fuerteventura a few years ago right by the airport and the novelty of the planes landing and taking off soon wore thin!

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
Only time we heard them was when cycling along the prom to and from Palma, had the door to the balcony open all night without being troubled.
Both hotels were fine with bikes in the rooms or on balcony.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Hi

I've stopped in Cala D'Or, its not as good as the north coast however there are decent rides to be done if you want to head towards the centre of the island.
There is the monastery at San Salvador close to Felantix. That is about a 6km climb to the top and the views over the whole island are amazing on a clear day.
From there you can head towards Sineu or Algaida and climb to the other monastery at Cura.
The east coast main road up towards Arta is just straight and fairly flat.
The Canyon test centre is at the Robinson Club Resort in Cala Serena, which is basically Cala D'Or. You can hire all their bikes from there, however during this time of year you would need to book well in advance

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
I've stopped in Cala D'Or, its not as good as the north coast however there are decent rides to be done if you want to head towards the centre of the island.
There is the monastery at San Salvador close to Felantix. That is about a 6km climb to the top and the views over the whole island are amazing on a clear day.
From there you can head towards Sineu or Algaida and climb to the other monastery at Cura.
The east coast main road up towards Arta is just straight and fairly flat.
The Canyon test centre is at the Robinson Club Resort in Cala Serena, which is basically Cala D'Or. You can hire all their bikes from there, however during this time of year you would need to book well in advance

Ha, I cycled down from Can Picafort to San Salvador and the views were good even on a hazy day. And I had planned to go to Cura too but the rained off days put paid to that - maybe next year!

Top Bottom