cycling in other countries.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
So i spent 3 weeks going to different countries in Europe, and the cyclists in Amsterdam were crazy! Red lights mean nothing to them. My dad said something to one cyclist about the green man, and the cyclist said, the green man, is the green man and carried on. A car beeped his horn at a cyclist, and the cyclist stuck his fingure up at the guy, like it was natural. I wasnt cycling there, i cycled out in the countryside. The mopeds really did annoy me, but the cycle lanes were excellent, just better if there werent any mopeds. It was nice that it was mainly flat, but when the wind got up it wasnt so easy.
If only there were more cycle lanes like that over here. I didnt have any problems with anyone when i was cycling there, even when i was on the roads and had to think about turning right and left to get it right i got loads of room. First ride over here and i had kids in cars pass too close and a guy in a white van try and force me off the road. Although some of the people on bikes in Holland i wouldnt like to annoy. ;)
Where else are there people that ride like they do in Holland?

graham56

Guru
The thing about the Netherlands is if a driver hits a cyclist he`s in big sh1t unlike this country

in Brasil there is no legislation as to which side a cyclist should ride on... consequently, there are a lot of accidents as the drivers there are crazy and they have no idea if a cyclist will be heading toward them or away from them - it's a recipe for disaster.

L

graham56

Guru
Next time anyone visits The Netherlands try visiting the other 10 provinces, there`s much more to the country than the provinces North & South Holland.;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Cathryn said:
There was a considerable amount of cream as well, if that's what you're implying....;)

Hope you cycled it all off. Or was the spinning effortless;)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
We managed to stumble on the red light district, and there were people cycling down there, that would be a hard place to cycle down, trying not to look into the windows.

Brazil sounds like an interesting place to go and watch the cyclists.
Is China and Japan about the same with the cycling.

There were some interesting salt and peper shakers there ;)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
We managed to stumble on the red light district, and there were people cycling down there, that would be a hard place to cycle down, trying not to look into the windows.

Brings a new meaning to RLJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dayvo;38365][quote name= said:
There was a considerable amount of cream as well, if that's what you're implying....:biggrin:

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what 26 x 25 meant! ;)
The Dutch Easter bread is very good, lots of fruit and raisins and things with marzipan throughout![/QUOTE]

But of course - what else would I be suggesting for Dutch ingredients?

That Easter bread sounds yum - fruit and marzipan excellent. But what are the things?

Top Bottom