Cycling into work........your best and true excuse for being late.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I was 20mins late to work after a chat and a slow ride alongside a cycling Alexi Sayle in Regents park once.

gbb

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
Naughty - EU Working Hours Directive - 11 hours break required. You weren't late, you were an hour early. :biggrin:

Yeah, ya pussies :biggrin:
I used to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for two weeks...then 24 hours off, and then onto the nightshift with the same hours. That used to last for 3 months. 84 hours a week. Never did me any har....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
In my case it will be because I became lost... I figure I will eventually know every road in Bristol. I am rarely late going to work though ... as I usually check my route on live local so I can look at which junctions I have to turn at.
Much more frequently I am late leaving work and usually have to pedal furiously to get to school to pick the kids up (luckily a friend usually looks for me and collects the child from the classroom, and I get there by the time he has got his bike.)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, I was later than planned today. Those terrible 'Bike to Work' people way laid me and forced me to accept a goody bag and some free breakfast. :smile: ;)
I love the smell of (free) bacon in the morning...
Smells like victory!:tongue:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The last time I was late for work was 31st may 2006, it was because a Clancy Docwra van flattened me outside Stanmore Station at 6.30 in the morning. I still made it into work slightly bloodied. My govenor sent me straight home again, even offered me a lift in the company van.

monnet

Guru
Not entirely the fault of the bike. There was a shoting at a pub on my commute a few months ago. I had no idea. I cycled around the police vans -the coppers just looked at me and let me go through what I later realised was a particularly poorly policed blocade. I got a few hundred metres up the road and an officer started shouting 'get out of the road, go down the side street and stay out of sight!' I did. 30 minutes later he was still saying the same. I spent 3.5 hours dressed in my winter lycra sat in a strangers kitchen drinking tea. I'd love to know what they made of me. I got to work at 1230 (only 4 hours late then).

Top Bottom