Cycling is a drug riddled, cheat riddled, dirty sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This very phrase was used by someone stood near me, in a bar last night. I was going to say something, but then I thought, actually, they are right. I’m not convinced it’s any worse than a lot of other sports, it’s just that it seems to get more attention, when it happens in ‘sport’ cycling.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It always has been. The other way of describing it is 'professional'.

I was far more irritated by Sky's tediously clinical* approach to winning than their 'gaming the system'. Okay, the holier-than-thou attitude grates as well.

*have a little laugh at the double-entendre if you wish.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The reason it gets more attention is its history. At its peak, in the '90s - from what I've read, it's hard to imagine a more dope-fuelled sport. It's worth digging out and reading Jonathan Vaughters' quite funny description of being a neo-pro in the mid 90s. I'll see if I can find it. ( here )

But now, meh. Sky are even cheating at cheating. I mean, cheating without breaking the rules! The rotters.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
It’s not limited to the ‘pro echelons’ either now. I know of a few ‘clubby / Sportive’ types, that have managed to get hold of certain drugs, from legitimate sources, and used them, to try and get an advantage. I mean FFS in a Sportive / club ride, get a grip:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom