Cycling Jacket sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
Ive just bought a new waterproof/wind proof cycling jacket. It all seems very nice, but when I was choosing a size I was stuck between a medium and a large. Usually I'm a medium up top for cycling gear, so opted for that.

Now it's arrived, it seems to fit well everywhere, except it's pretty short at the front. (ie probably belt height) Now is this design to prevent bunching up when in the saddle? Or should it go lower?

1st all out serious commuting and club run winter you see, so advice very welcome :smile:

Willo

My light waterproof is about belt height which is fine for me as it covers the jersey (i.e. it protects the top half and doesn't leave a gap between jacket and shorts, if that makes sense). The back is longer; the thing I check there when sizing up a top/jacket is that it's comfy when in a cycling position and it doesn't ride up the back because it's too tight/small.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Short at the front is correct for riding position. Less stretch in those fabrics. Think motorbikers leathers - they always have a baggy ar$e when stood up :whistle:

Top Bottom