Cycling Kinsale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Off there for a couple of weeks in September. Wondering whether to take a bike or not or just go jogging.

Nice place to cycle or not? Worth the mither of taking the bike?

Anyone any experience of the area?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hire a bike when you fancy it, if not sure?

https://wildatlanticsports.com/rent-an-electric-bike-in-cork/

Gillstay

Über Member
I have wandered about the lanes out there and though not gone big distances have enjoyed them.
Esp if your one of those who takes in other things along the way.

tyred

Legendary Member
Opposite end of the country to me so I don't know it very well but I have had few cycling trips. Definitely worth doing IMO.

Go out around Ardfield and Galley Head and also places like Timoleague and Roscabery, Glandore and Union Hall or on to Baltimore, Barleycove strand and Mizen head depending on the sort of distances you're happy to ride in a day. A stunning piece of coastline.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
Opposite end of the country to me so I don't know it very well but I have had few cycling trips. Definitely worth doing IMO.

Go out around Ardfield and Galley Head and also places like Timoleague and Roscabery, Glandore and Union Hall or on to Baltimore, Barleycove strand and Mizen head depending on the sort of distances you're happy to ride in a day. A stunning piece of coastline.

Cheers tyred.

It's no great hardship to bung a bike in the back of the car and I was pretty much of a mind to do so.

Obviously mindful that when I go out for a days cycling Mrs. C will have to amuse herself for the day but I feel sure she will find a local hostelry to while away the hours.

As ages catches up with me the days of 100 mile rides are a bit much now so I have gone metric and 100 kilometres is about my limit in a day now which should be enough to take in some nice roads / scenery. First time in Kinsale for us (we did Westport a couple of years back) so will be interesting to explore.

Thanks for the tips.

Emanresu

Did the southern coast to Mizen Head (then up to Malin Head) last year. Very quiet, green and wet. Are you going as far as Clonakilty and Skibbereen? There are lots of journeys on CGOAB if you want to check out the area before you go.

Top Bottom