Cycling Lake Como

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sale Madrid

Has anyone cycled near/around como in Italy. The wife wants to ruin our holiday by taking the pushbikes so I want to be prepared. Where to go, what not to do, is it safe (mental drivers/dangerous roads etc).

Any info would be much appreciated - we'll be going 9th July for 10 days with our own bikes.

Cheers.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The wife wants to ruin our holiday by taking the pushbikes so I want to be prepared.
Having seen the moderately provocative comments you have posted so far I find this statement quite interesting.:whistle:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Not Como but around Lake Garda, and elsewhere in Italy, so I can only say that it was my experience that drivers were very understanding and accommodating.

Buona vacanza!

GC

OP
OP
S

Sale Madrid

Thanks GC - We'll have our brain buckets on but I've only been to Rome before - I hired a car and I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to the hotel so I'm a bit nervous about it.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I don't know why Sale Madrid, but your posts and avatar combine to generate the sound of your voice inside my head - its driving me nuts!

I was staying on Lake Como a few years back ar a place called Cadenabbia. Loads of cyclists out everyday. I didn't have my bike with me but it looked fantastic. Fairly flat if you stick close to the Lake, but plenty climbing options if you want them.

I have cycled elsewhere in Italy and I agree with Glasgowcyclist, the drivers are spot on and on the whole the roads are much better.

OP
OP
S

Sale Madrid

Cheers addictfreak. They weren't all skinny/carbon/Assos/tanned experts were they - I'll stick out like a sore thumb/fat commuter, if they are.:smile:

Top Bottom