Cycling Mikey and third party reporting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Definitely he is at the softer end of it, agreed.

True, but I'm not convinced he is respecting the law himself.

I'm not totally convinced the other way either, but it is certainly arguable that he is obstructing the highway. I suspect that were the police to charge him with that though, the CPS would feel it not in the public interest to proceed.
He's not obstructing the highway to traffic going the right way. It's the car in the wrong lane that's the obstruction.

GilesM

Legendary Member
The bloke's an egotistical nobber that loves the attention and everyone knows it, he wouldn't be so quick to confront people if he wasn't hiding behind his camera.
I agree, his love of the limelight seems to be a significant motivator, however if my main purpose was to get people nicked for driving offences and humiliate them, I'd keep a lower profile, but that's probably why I will never have my 15 minutes.

Alex321

Veteran
In the same way that people leaving their cars (aka parking) on the highway are obstructing it.
No.

He blocks them from passing (and more importantly IMV, also blocks anybody trying to turn legitimately into that road from the other direction while he has the offender blocked).

Cars legitimately parked at the side of the road are not usually causing an obstruction. Though I did once get a ticket for that for parking (with a caravan attached) about here. When I queried it, since there were no signs or road marking indicating no parking (and still aren't, 20+ years later!), I was told that queues were building up as a result of my parking there, so it was causing an obstruction - and I should have parked in the park-and-ride even if not using the "ride" part of that (the entrance a couple of hundred yards behind me was a park-and-ride car park then).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would imagine, unless he's a damn site tougher than he looks, he would of had a few 'slaps ' in his time.
He is a damn sight tougher than he looks. He's a very fit and able guy. He's not one to back down. As far as I know he's not had a few 'slaps' in his time. He is also someone who can diffuse a situation as quick as one can escalate.

Alex321

Veteran
He's not obstructing the highway to traffic going the right way. It's the car in the wrong lane that's the obstruction.
And while he is blocking them, he is also blocking anybody wanting to legitimately turn into that road. So yes he is obstructing it to traffic going the right way.

But as I said, I'm not totally convinced either way on this. It is definitely arguable though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No.

He blocks them from passing (and more importantly IMV, also blocks anybody trying to turn legitimately into that road from the other direction while he has the offender blocked).

Cars legitimately parked at the side of the road are not usually causing an obstruction. Though I did once get a ticket for that for parking (with a caravan attached) about here. When I queried it, since there were no signs or road marking indicating no parking (and still aren't, 20+ years later!), I was told that queues were building up as a result of my parking there, so it was causing an obstruction - and I should have parked in the park-and-ride even if not using the "ride" part of that (the entrance a couple of hundred yards behind me was a park-and-ride car park then).

Of course they are causing an obstruction they force you into the other side of the highway in many cases. Rendering half of the highway unusable.

winjim

Smash the cistern
And while he is blocking them, he is also blocking anybody wanting to legitimately turn into that road. So yes he is obstructing it to traffic going the right way.

But as I said, I'm not totally convinced either way on this. It is definitely arguable though.
No he's not. The traffic going the right way is obstructed by the car going the wrong way. Which can bloody well reverse.

Top Bottom