"Cycling Mikey" loses court case.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
1. What these wrong-side drivers are doing is extremely dangerous for the many pedestrians using that corner who would not be expecting a car appearing in that direction.
Or for a cyclist emerging from the side road and turning left who may be prepared to encounter crossing pedestrians, but not an oncoming vehicle on the wrong side of the island.

I'm sure it's been said but he didn't lose a case as he was only a prosecution witness. CPS lost the case.

No problem, you're just living up to your username :laugh:

I joined when I should have been working. It was a way to avoid having to do something I didn't want to do so I wasted my time on here instead of just getting it done. Of course I've come to learn I don't waste my time on here but I do at work!

D

Deleted member 26715

How long is this going to go on for?

Until the Police either stand there & dish out fines, or they put a camera up & send out NIP's which I'm surprised they haven't done already, looks like a nice cash cow.

I'm sure it's been said but he didn't lose a case as he was only a prosecution witness. CPS lost the case.

I think everyone knows what it means. He initiated this and lost it. CPS probably laughing behind his back. They did not go to law school to deal with one man’s misguided obsession. The Cops should install a camera and I sure it will cover the bill and more.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I keep popping in but joined a few pages in. The title keeps annoying me so I had to post about it. You know what I mean? Something just niggles at you and you can't ignore it in the end. Sorry to repeat what's been said before.

I'm terribly sorry if my standard of journalism doesn't meet your exacting standards, but I'm writing on a cycling forum, not the (insert quality newspaper of your choice here, as personally I think they are ALL shite).
As has been said, there's more than a little nit-picking going on over the title. It was CM who initially brought the matter to the attention of the Police, who reported it to the CPS, who presented it to the court, where the defence ripped it apart, and the jury found the accused not guilty. Or innocent, if you prefer. I couldn't be arsed fitting all that into the title, as IMHO that is what the initial post is for. So I went for the easy option, figuring that most people would be able to figure it out. Which they did! :okay:

I'm terribly sorry if my standard of journalism doesn't meet your exacting standards, but I'm writing on a cycling forum, not the (insert quality newspaper of your choice here, as personally I think they are ALL shite).
As has been said, there's more than a little nit-picking going on over the title. It was CM who initially brought the matter to the attention of the Police, who reported it to the CPS, who presented it to the court, where the defence ripped it apart, and the jury found the accused not guilty. Or innocent, if you prefer. I couldn't be arsed fitting all that into the title, as IMHO that is what the initial post is for. So I went for the easy option, figuring that most people would be able to figure it out. Which they did! :okay:

I bet you send out EMails with blank Subject fields too.

boydj

Legendary Member
I think everyone knows what it means. He initiated this and lost it. CPS probably laughing behind his back. They did not go to law school to deal with one man’s misguided obsession. The Cops should install a camera and I sure it will cover the bill and more.

I doubt that. The CPS don't bring cases unless they have a good expectation of winning, and they don't like losing.

Top Bottom