"Cycling Mikey" loses court case.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
🤔 Tough question. Maybe it’s because he’s not a Police Officer.

I rest my case!

You're having a moan at him for not stopping the hoodies with e-scooters. Why should he, if you can't be bothered? You lazy knobb*er!

Meanwhile, let him get on with making a small difference to problems that he wants to tackle. Why accuse him of cowardice?

I couldn't give a toss about either of them but he only chooses people who he knows can't retaliate (due to being filmed) that's why it's cowardly.

icowden

Veteran
I do think he goes over the top
The people he targets are breaking the law - but he feels entitled to confront them even if there is no clear harm being done
But i have seen him confront people looking at a phone in a stationary traffic jam - OK clearly offence - but no harm because the car isn't moving
Whilst I agree, I think that CyclingMikey is likely to be neurodivergent / Aspergers. For some of us we find it *really* difficult if not impossible to comprehend breaking the rules*. I get very agitated when I see red light jumpers, cars and motorbikes stopped in bike boxes, people parked on double yellows outside McDonalds, people who have just driven onto a wide pavement to park etc. I do recognise however that this is something that is a little peculiar to the way that I think, and I often have to have a word with myself (although I will then probably write an e-mail to the council suggesting enforcement or changes to street furniture to stop the lawlessness!).

I recognise that very few of these things that make me seethe are actually dangerous or problematic in the grand scheme of things, but that rule following part of my soul really wants to call for punishment!!

*as long as the rules are soundly and logically constructed. Can't stand nonsense rules.

I couldn't give a toss about either of them but he only chooses people who he knows can't retaliate (due to being filmed) that's why it's cowardly.

Of course they can retaliate. People get beaten up on CCTV all the time. Police have bodycams - doesn't stop resisting arrest.
Mikey was recently driven into, on camera. Nice gentle speed, sure, but probably wasn't very nice. Did you see that?

There's a ton of footage of assualts/road-rage out there, caught on bike-cams.

Of course they can retaliate. People get beaten up on CCTV all the time. Police have bodycams - doesn't stop resisting arrest.
Mikey was recently driven into, on camera. Nice gentle speed, sure, but probably wasn't very nice. Did you see that?

There's a ton of footage of assualts/road-rage out there, caught on bike-cams.

They can but less inclined to do so when fully traceable, as for being 'driven into ' hardly life threatening.

OK I realise he's your hero, that's fine, but do you honestly believe this bloke isn't in it as much for the fame as anything else?

I saw one video where the tw*t was riding along a cycle lane in the opposite direction and turned around to peer into all the cars waiting in a queue to see who had their phone in hand, the bloke goes out of his way.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think my worry is that his "behaviour" will further prejudice driver's attitudes towards cyclists and some poor minding his / her own business cyclist will be on the wrong end of a driver who he has p-ssed off.
I'm sure he has 'pissed off' some motorists who've been caught but if they then transfer that to other cyclists they've only got their own prejudices to blame and are probably of the 'make 'em have number plates and insurance' brigade.

Reactions: C R

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Latest camera angle supposedly disproves Mikey "climbed" on the bonnet and shows the driver repeatedly drove into Mikey. Not going to get drawn into that debate because the fisheye view on a phone screen looks far from clear to my eye.

But it does make we wonder which camera views were shared as evidence, and whether there is any option for the jury's decision to be reviewed.

Top Bottom