Cycling milestone reached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just did my MOT and have calculated that last year I cycled more miles than I drove.

I wish I could say that..... I need to cut down on social miles If I could just get Mrs V in to the habit of doing the food shopping in 1 shop in 1 go.....

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I dont see the point in having a car. I can cycle to college, and can cycle to work. I also cycle to shops and can even cycle very long distances to see relatives. I have no need for a car (but admittedly I am getting a driving license so that it opens a few more doors for me).

Cycling is convenient, cheap, and fun.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done.
I don't have a car, but know how easy it is to be dependent on one when it's sitting on your doorstep.

RhythMick

Über Member
And just think how much money you have saved in petrol :smile:

Enough to fund "n+1"...?

RhythMick

Über Member
I dont see the point in having a car. I can cycle to college, and can cycle to work. I also cycle to shops and can even cycle very long distances to see relatives. I have no need for a car (but admittedly I am getting a driving license so that it opens a few more doors for me).

Believe me there are many times when it's necessary. My 91 year old dad would struggle with a bike. Not saying he wouldn't try mind...

Hip Priest

Veteran

I cycle more than I drive, but I'm glad I've got the car. It makes life much easier.

D

Deleted member 1258

I cycle more than I drive, but I'm glad I've got the car. It makes life much easier.

+1 on that, I brought a car about 11 months ago having been car free for over 30 years, the car definitely gives you more options and makes it easier to do the stuff that the bike can't do.

boybiker

Guru
I have been car free since April just using the bike and occasionally public transport. I would say it's more a life style as everything revolves around me cycling to work 6 days a week every week. I have to eat well to be able to do it. I have to plan carefully what I do each evening. When I go to the shops I have to shop smart and choose what I buy carefully.

It's a lifestyle I enjoy at the moment and all the time it continues I won't change it. Although I do live in a town and have family nearby who can drive me to places like the farm shop to get a sack of potatoes etc.

MisterStan

Label Required

Make up your mind!

Top Bottom