Cycling mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have mirrors similar to these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_784805_langId_-1_categoryId_210161 fitted on the down tubes of both my bikes. They don't offer perfect vision but they give a good indication of what's behind you and what is approaching you. I'm blind in the right eye so turning my head almost as far as i can to look over my right shoulder isn't that easy or that safe,especially in heavy traffic! They might not be "cool" to some but to prefer vanity to safety in my case isn't advisable!

I use one of he Bike-Eye
But Google shopping is your friend found it cheaper on Amazon than Halfrauds !!!!

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

A colleague at work uses a helmet mirror and reckons they are very good.
Mmm i like the sound of this as having quite a few bikes one on helmet would be great, do ya happen to have an item number on e bay i could order from.

Thankx

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

I have mirrors similar to these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_784805_langId_-1_categoryId_210161 fitted on the down tubes of both my bikes. They don't offer perfect vision but they give a good indication of what's behind you and what is approaching you. I'm blind in the right eye so turning my head almost as far as i can to look over my right shoulder isn't that easy or that safe,especially in heavy traffic! They might not be "cool" to some but to prefer vanity to safety in my case isn't advisable!
Mmmm this sounds better mounted there rather than my handlebar ends

Thankx

OP
OP
R

rebelpeter

I have something like this on Lelly and once it's at the right angle I just gaffer tape it into place.
Bit too pricey i have 8 or is it 9 road bikes so need something cheaper and an easy change one would be good.

Sharky

Guru
Mmm i like the sound of this as having quite a few bikes one on helmet would be great, do ya happen to have an item number on e bay i could order from.

Thankx
No sorry, I don't know where he got it from. If I see him tomorrow, I'll ask him.
Keith

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Zefal spy are great and fit plenty of mounting points, I've used them zip tied on the hoods of drop bar bikes for best visibility, but my current roadie has Sprintech bar end mirrors that are bespoke for drops and do give a better rearward field of vision. SJS cycles are usually good for the 'uncool' but good stuff like this.

dodgy

I have a Zefal Spy and find it works well. Easy to swap between bikes too.

I also have one, well two actually, one on dry and one on wet bike. They're inconspicuous, functional and light. Was riding with a mate a few months back:

Mate: Mirrors on bikes are so uncool.
Me : Oh yeah?
Mate: Yeah, I mean, what use are they?
Me: Move single line mate, van coming in the distance
Mate: How do you know?
Me: <Points at tiny inconspicuous mirror on inside of drops>.

Top Bottom