1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cycling Nice to Genoa

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by MylNidd, 17 Jul 2017.

1. MylNidd

MylNidd New Member

Hi,
    Can anyone help? I'm desperate! My friendd and I wish to cycle from Nice to Genova over 5 days (in about 2 weeks time). We are looking for a service provider where we can hire bikes for this. Does anyone know of a company that could help? We don't want to do one of the guided cycle tours, but rather our own thing, but are looking for bikes. I cant find anything anywhere. Also, can one buy a 2nd hand bike in Nice and sell it in Genoa? An option?
    Help??

2. Rooster1

Rooster1 May the Porg Be With You

Nice is very popular with cycling, as is the whole of that region, or France for that matter.

I was about to post some hire info but that is no use!

e.g. (You would need to return the bikes)
    http://www.elite-rentabike.com/crbst_60_en.html

3. Brains

Brains Guru

Take your bikes with you ?

You can take a bike on a plane, on a train and on the European bike express

4. itchybeard

itchybeard Well-Known Member

take fold up bikes, they should do the trip.
    I reckon you'll find second hand bikes there for cheap...

5. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Permanently running about 30 minutes late

I can't recommend any bike hire companies in the area but there will definitely be some.
    Nice is a very sporty area and there are some fantastic roads along the coast as well as the Sanremo cycle route.

What about someone like http://www.francebikerentals.com/FBR-nice-riviera ? Pick the bike up in Nice, cycle to Genova, get the train back?

In any case, that'll be an amazing trip... so long as you don't leave your bike unattended in Liguria! :surrender::cry:

6. itchybeard

itchybeard Well-Known Member

I remember when i went o Basel. I hired a bike, cost around 80 for 4 days, OK i guess. I cycled form Basel to Strasbourg and back.
    But cycling around, out of the city, there were bikes for rent for 20 for 4 days.
    You will find places, ask around. Even a bog standard bike, still a bike.