Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Next are @Jenkins and @PeteXXX 3rd image, both of which capture the brief well too….. @Jenkins was a nice wider image, with good detail in the repeating pattern.
@biggs682 centrelines shows good observations whilst cycling around, and then… @Dave 123 with the interesting capture of the pylon and wires, which neatly caught the brief.

onto @PeteXXX trees image, and I really like the sweep of the trees reducing clutter and leading my eye into the picture…. Good capture @PeteXXX!

Last edited:
@biggs682 plants and drainage holes in the kerb made me smile as @biggs682 was posting quite a few, and I got the feeling that this competition had changed observation for him (maybe!) and that’s an indication of how my brain works a lot….. I can see stuff in detail as I cycle past…. Have you ever noticed that ironworks in roads and pavements have text and detail in….?
The @chriswoody bangs in one image which pops my sense…. That’s a great image!

But still not finished 😂😂😂

So, the to my old mate… @Oldhippy (we’ve never met, but I feel a symbiosis here with him!) and his groyne image…..interesting image there @Oldhippy , I would have liked to see a little more groyne, 😂

then @PeteXXX Boris bike image in London caught some patterns, but the flints popped again in my brain…. A closer crop would have made this the likely winner…..

but still a couple to go….!

Last edited:
Ahh…. We’ve missed one……. 😜

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Oldhippy errr… I feel that I should wait until midnight to be fair….. 😀👍
My last minute entry is the regular pattern of closed roads I have come against this month

@roubaixtuesday, the wave baffles, and the Tandem….. another good image, with a great repeating pattern, setting a deep view into the far background…..

my synapses were singing……. That’s almost exactly the kind of pattern which I was thinking about….
With most of the image filled with repeating pattern…. But not just that, a good image in its own right too…..

I have taken the Liberty of editing this image to capture how my brain ’sees’ this image for maximum ’zing’….
B811ABB8-FBCE-497F-9FA5-256AC94C47BC.jpeg

It works for me, it captures all that my challenge was set for, buit destroys the original image as taken.

So, an education for me. To take longer to look past my pattern brain/eye, and try to see the wider picture.
It’s tough, and it may demonstrate to me that I may have a little autistic spectrum disorder, never diagnosed, and not intrinsically difficult to me…. But interesting nevertheless.

@roubaixtiesday is my winner in this challenge, for the reasons above…..

I hope you agree, and thanks to you all for engaging in my test of your optical and image capture abilities! 😀👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
@stoatsngroats thank you for your kind words and an excellent subject. I agree your cropping of the image has improved it.

Previously when I've entered this competition I've done so deliberately looking for an entry but this was pure serendipity - we stopped for a swim, I propped the tandem up, it just looked perfect, then I remembered the comp. I was trying to get the best effect and would rather have had the bike larger, but was in a bit of a rush to get my trunks on! The crop is definitely better.

Timing for the next one may be an issue with holidays, is a shorter period (3 weeks?) OK, or happy for someone else to do it.

857A0DBC-EFA8-47AF-B29F-E2BE63ACA3AC.jpeg

Had I been responding to this challenge, this would have been my entry, which, whilst not capturing in detail a repeating pattern, we all know that it is there…. It’s a conundrum for me that this was exactly my brief, and an image I took for this competition.
@roubaixtuesday , I’ve no issues with a 3 week competition, maybe set a date when you will judge, and the final day is the day before…?

Top Bottom