Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Thank you @PeteXXX very pleased to win indeed! The blossoming tree photo is in a little quiet area across a tiny road from Minster Abbey (Kent). My bike is leaning on the fence that appears to be a mostly covered well, perhaps providing water for the Abbey and village at one point. I had to stand on the fence to fit everything in to the picture but very happy with the result. I will have a think this evening and post the new subject later on. Thanks again! 🙂

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Thank you @PeteXXX very pleased to win indeed! The blossoming tree photo is in a little quiet area across a tiny road from Minster Abbey (Kent). My bike is leaning on the fence that appears to be a mostly covered well, perhaps providing water for the Abbey and village at one point. I had to stand on the fence to fit everything in to the picture but very happy with the result. I will have a think this evening and post the new subject later on. Thanks again! 🙂

I used to live in Cliffsend only a few mines from Minster.. 😊

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The UK is awash with reminders of arguably our greatest age, the years of Queen Victoria. So this month's challenge is your bike in, on, next to, under or over an enduring remnant of The Victorian Era. I think the scope is huge and am looking forward to seeing CCer's interpretations. Enjoy!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's been great to see how Spring has developed over a single month! Daffodils, Oil Seed Rape, Bluebells & blossom 🌸

View attachment 687791

View attachment 687792

View attachment 687793

It's not been easy to judge this month's competition!

These are all tied at 1st place in my mind, though other photos came close, too, and as @Oldhippy has taken two of them (and @Jenkins , t'other) I declare @Oldhippy the Spring winner 🥇
I blame the cold weather and not wanting to take my gloves off to operate the camera hence only the one entry :laugh:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Her Maj's letterbox
DSC_3272.JPG

PeteXXX

DSC_2653~2.JPG

A Victorian boot scraper on Boughton Parish Church, built in 1867,so within the allowed period of 20 June 1837 to 22 January 1901.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The UK is awash with reminders of arguably our greatest age, the years of Queen Victoria. So this month's challenge is your bike in, on, next to, under or over an enduring remnant of The Victorian Era. I think the scope is huge and am looking forward to seeing CCer's interpretations. Enjoy!

Screenshot_20230504-065853.png

So the Victorian era of 1820 - 1914 includes Higham Ferrer's and Rushden reservoir at Sywell that was opened in July 1906

IMG_20230504_060548395_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230504_060614105.jpg

PeteXXX

Screenshot_20230504-071511~2.png

Out of Wikipedia or Britannica, I'd rather go with Britannica's definition of the Victorian Era.

What say @Oldhippy as it's his competition?

Top Bottom