Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually it does make sense.... Rovers used to play in Eastville by Easton - now Ikea, and tonight they were playing some match that apparently was important against Forest Green Rovers (apparently up a hill somewhere up North), and for some reason I don't know The Gas seems to be the colloquial name for them, their supporters etc, possibly because there were gas holders nearby but you have limited my football knowledge there.:biggrin:

Ok I admit BigAl's statement did make me go and look up the results ... And the won 1 0.

And they play at the memorial stadium and I used to live nearby, so I can report you tried to avoid hitting the roads as a match ended, and paid attention when they played certain teams .... Swansea being one of them!
You are beginning to worry me you know

BigAl68

Über Member
....and I've been a life long Barnet fan, so @BigAl68 may not be too happy with me. :whistle:

I dislike Dover more as there equalizer is what stopped us being champions. I just hope they can put two more wins together and we come up also. We need it after Bristol city getting promoted this year.

And we are the Gas as summerdays said as the ground had gas holders near the ground and there was a smell of gas around the stadium hence the name "gasheads"

Katherine

Guru
Actually it does make sense.... Rovers used to play in Eastville by Easton - now Ikea, and tonight they were playing some match that apparently was important against Forest Green Rovers (apparently up a hill somewhere up North), and for some reason I don't know The Gas seems to be the colloquial name for them, their supporters etc, possibly because there were gas holders nearby but you have limited my football knowledge there.:biggrin:

Ok I admit BigAl's statement did make me go and look up the results ... And the won 1 0.

And they play at the memorial stadium and I used to live nearby, so I can report you tried to avoid hitting the roads as a match ended, and paid attention when they played certain teams .... Swansea being one of them!
Great explanation! Thank you. Hopefully I'll understand anything else that BigAl writes about football and you can translate the rest.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Great explanation! Thank you. Hopefully I'll understand anything else that BigAl writes about football and you can translate the rest.
That probably sums up my total knowledge of football, but Mr Summerdays listens on the radio and is a mild supporter of both Bristol teams, .... wouldn't go to see them but would listen to the match commentry on the radio in the car. Sometimes he misses a bit due to concentrating on the road and then seems to expect me to have been listening:rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Looking back through the last few posts I haven't even a clue what the photo challenge is about but here's one from this morning anyway. Lol.

20150430_094737.jpg

potsy

Rambler
Who said I was in charge?
Satnav :whistle:

Top Bottom