1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling Photo Challenge

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by bonj2, 10 Apr 2008.

Tags:
  1. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

OK This is a little game which had a lot of success on another (car) forum that I used to be on.
    Basically someone sets a challenge which is to take a picture of your bike next to a certain type of monument/landmark/building/interesting feature/anything curious really. The first person that validly fulfills the challenge gets to set the next one. It has to have your bike in the photo, and the person that set the challenge adjudicates whether it passes the challenge.

might not take off, but give it a go...

first one: my bike, next to an ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE snail!

bike2Small.jpg

so the first challenge is to take a picture of your bike next to a similarly massive (or just oversized) animal.

and bonus points for identifying the location of the above snail.

Illaveago and BigBurd like this.
  2. Good work again bonj - a nice idea.

Illaveago likes this.
  3. dudi

dudi Senior Member

there's no oversized animals in ipswich, unles you count my cat...

Come on, someone must be in Birmingham and can take a picure alongside the big Bull outside the Bullring!

Illaveago and Andrew_Culture like this.
  4. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

it'd be easy enough if i still lived in FISHponds in bristol, near safeways, who also happen to sell FISH

5. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

I don't think our local Costco will allow me in for a snap next to the massive (we're talking 7ft +) polar bear 'cuddly toy'... shame really.

6. Heavens i'm scraping the barrel here...
    Not exactly what you envisaged bonj but here is a picture of a small fake animal sitting on a bike

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=yoomyz&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

And here is a picture of my other half talking to a cow whilst riding a bike.

That's about as animaly as my bike photos get.

7. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

8. that's not a snail, it's a shell. i see no evidence of the living part of it, our readers demand proof.

9. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I've seen that snail from the train south to my Mum's or sister's - so I guess it must be near the railway line in the Sheffield? area, but can't remember where exactly...

10. Maz

Maz Guru

Is it the Shell petrol station at the bottom end of Bramall Lane?

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

this thread is spiralling out of control…

12. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Can't offer you a photo in return, but I believe the snail is just to the east of Chesterfield station.

13. Ahh Chesterfield. Home of large twisty things...!

14. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

I've got a good one but you'll have to wait 'till next week when I can go past it with camera. It's ferocious.

15. is it a 50ft redshank?