Cycling plans for the weekend ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Been struggling with motivation this week but my brother has asked if I want to get out on the bike tomorrow so a few miles may be racked up.

He wants to do a short but fast ride and has suggested splitting up part way so I can do my own thing. Could be the incentive I need.:okay:

Flyboy

What have u bought

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The only riding I was going to be doing this weekend was the commute thanks to work, but even that's been cancelled for Sunday. A late change of plan thanks to good weather means I'm taking the day off and driving up to Donington Park for the British GT meeting.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Picking my bike up in the morning from repair shop then heading off on my usual route try couple 50k.
Out for a birthday meal Saturday night so have a few Cherry Beers in Norwich Belgian Monk.
So Sunday I'll be a tad rough but I'll head out late afternoon when I've come back to life.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I got the train back...the towpaths past wigañ were more suited to an MTB!!!
If you mean the towpaths on the Leeds - Liverpool canal, I have only ridden the canal between Wigan and Liverpool, mainly between about Burscough and Aintree, and apart from some of the stretches that have been tarmacced in recent years, it can be a quagmire after rain like we have had recently.

Even in dryish conditions, it can be dicey with narrow wheels, me and a mate rode between Burscough and Halsall a few weeks ago, I was on my hybrid which has 28 mm tyres and it was a bit scary in places. Having said that, those prehistoric trains between Southport and Manchester aren't much more comfortable ^_^

Flyboy

I did my planned ride today , 28 miles up and over worlds end etc etc , it was very good , even managed to save a sheep that had got its head stuck.

johnnyb47

Guru
I haven't done much cycling this week as I've not been to well, and was looking forward to a ride this Saturday gone but its been.a complete wash out with the weather. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will improve a little as I'm going stir crazy here at home,,

Flyboy

Had a really good local ride , 27.44 miles in 2 hours 20 not too bad as a lot of it was single track, also got blanked by two roadies on the coastal path to west Kirby ha, that's their problem not mine .

Flyboy

This Saturday , I will be riding from Llandegla , up over the mast down the sheep run , up over to Llangollen Scree run ( look it up on you tube amazing single track) back up and over to Llandegla , do the black runs , cafe cake coffee .

NickNick

Will be spending most of the weekend on my back, in mud and water painting the chassis of a static caravan.

Should have been a relaxed job with time for lunchtime rides around the coast (Peacehaven/Newhaven), but after just loosing 5 days to a nasty chest infection it's going to be 16h work days to meet the unmovable deadline of the site's winter shutdown.

Flyboy

IMG_1939.PNG
Went well today , wind and fog was bad , but I enjoyed

Top Bottom