Cycling plans for the weekend ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
80km circular ride into the Mendips with some off-road near Ubley Warren, up/down Beacon Batch and across to the Strawberry Line along an old rocky drove. Up Cheddar Gorge some more off road, along the ridge above Chew Valley and home.

Got my mango slices and cashew nuts.

(I was going to bivvy up there tonight but it's still raining)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Quick 20 miler this morning to a local bike shop/cafe, got wet coming home.

Cyclist Magazine track day at York road circuit tomorrow. Hope it stays dry.

rivers

How far can I go?
Made a last minute decision to partake in the Black Rat Sportive short route (85km) as a friend's sister and brother-in-law organise it and needed help on car parking duties (so I helped park cars and then headed out on the ride). It was a lovely ride, and I really enjoyed it. I (as well as several others) took a wrong turn as the signposting was a bit ambiguous at one point, but we quickly got back on track, and I missed a turn in Chepstow, but that was my own idiocy. All and all, a lovely day and I would do it again, perhaps the medium route next time.

rivers

How far can I go?
Great Weston Ride tomorrow. For some reason, we are cycling back to Bristol. Some nonsense about turning it into 100 miles or something...

The length of tomorrows ride depends entirely on how much alcohol I can fit down my neck this evening

midlife

Guru
The length of tomorrows ride depends entirely on how much alcohol I can fit down my neck this evening

May I suggest you start off with a Yard :smile:

1200px-YardOfAle.jpg

pjd57

Veteran
Went to the Kelpies from Glasgow along the canal in midweek.
50 mile round trip , all traffic free.
The return heading west is always into the wind.
Today's plans , cycling to see Celtic got binned , chucking it down. Don't mind getting wet , but not sitting for two hours then cycling home.
Tomorrow it's a very occassional work day , three people to visit , 38 miles round the city.
Hope it dries up

Top Bottom