Cycling podcasts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I’m more of a runner than a cyclist these days and love a good running podcast! I wondered what cycling podcasts you’d recommend? I’m up for a mix...some pro cycling commentary, some day-to-day cycling chat, some touring type stuff and definitely not all blokes! Any ideas?

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I too love a good podcast. Here are the ones that I follow that are currently publishing, but in most cases also have a back catalogue to catch up on (no competitive cycling in this mix though I'm afraid):
  • Tough Girl podcast - interviews with women adventurers more generally, but often including runners and cyclists
  • Bike Tour Adventures podcast - mainly interviews with cycle touring adventurers
  • The Cyclist Pod - "All the fun, hobby, and social side to cycling, with news, articles, interviews" - I find this one less interesting these days. The presenters (1 man, 1 woman) are a bit too ... laddish(?) for my somewhat traditional sensibilities, but they do cover a broad range of cycling related topics.
  • Living Adventurously - Alastair Humphreys conducting interviews with folks who are living more adventurously.
  • The Outdoors Station - many interviews with folks who enjoy, or are making a living from, the outdoors or an adventurous life. Not all, but some are cyclists.
  • The Pursuit Zone - interviews with hikers, bikers, trekkers, runners, rowers and canoeists - some fascinating people.
  • Wheelsuckers - hosted (usually) by two women who 'talk about the cycling scene, bicycle culture and bike stuff.'
  • Cycling Europe podcast - 'a digest of news, interviews, reports, rides and reading'
Less regular these days, but with an extensive archive composed of a wonderfully eclectic mix of interviews, discussions and explorations about cycling generally - The Bike Show.

Enjoy!

'
Less regular these days, but with an extensive archive composed of a wonderfully eclectic mix of interviews, discussions and explorations about cycling generally - The Bike Show.

Enjoy!
A massive +1 for this. Jack is the loveliest guy, and I've had the great pleasure of chatting and riding with him. If only the pods were more regular 🙁
i really don't like long music clips in podcasts, but some seem to like them ...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I too love a good podcast. Here are the ones that I follow that are currently publishing, but in most cases also have a back catalogue to catch up on (no competitive cycling in this mix though I'm afraid):
  • Tough Girl podcast - interviews with women adventurers more generally, but often including runners and cyclists
  • Bike Tour Adventures podcast - mainly interviews with cycle touring adventurers
  • The Cyclist Pod - "All the fun, hobby, and social side to cycling, with news, articles, interviews" - I find this one less interesting these days. The presenters (1 man, 1 woman) are a bit too ... laddish(?) for my somewhat traditional sensibilities, but they do cover a broad range of cycling related topics.
  • Living Adventurously - Alastair Humphreys conducting interviews with folks who are living more adventurously.
  • The Outdoors Station - many interviews with folks who enjoy, or are making a living from, the outdoors or an adventurous life. Not all, but some are cyclists.
  • The Pursuit Zone - interviews with hikers, bikers, trekkers, runners, rowers and canoeists - some fascinating people.
  • Wheelsuckers - hosted (usually) by two women who 'talk about the cycling scene, bicycle culture and bike stuff.'
  • Cycling Europe podcast - 'a digest of news, interviews, reports, rides and reading'

Enjoy!
Some cracking recommendations, some of which I know and love so I’m excited to listen to the others! May I recommend the Outdoors Fix, which I discovered during lockdown and absolutely love! More hiking/camping/outdoorsy than cycling but an absolute joy!

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Some cracking recommendations, some of which I know and love so I’m excited to listen to the others! May I recommend the Outdoors Fix, which I discovered during lockdown and absolutely love! More hiking/camping/outdoorsy than cycling but an absolute joy!
Ooo, that one'll be going on my feed list! Thanks 👍

IaninSheffield

Veteran
A massive +1 for this. Jack is the loveliest guy, and I've had the great pleasure of chatting and riding with him. If only the pods were more regular 🙁
i really don't like long music clips in podcasts, but some seem to like them ...
You do get that sense that he is indeed a thoroughly decent chap.
Agree on the music clips 👍

Tribansman

Veteran
Mark Beaumont has just launched a new podcast called Endurance. Speaks for itself... Available on most podcast platforms, i use spotify.

I also quite like Ned Boulting's pod, Never strays far. Theres a great episode from a couple of weeks ago about Alaphilippe.

I'll probably meet with some resistance, but get Lance's The Move, pretty good and covers Ironman too
We need a <shudders> emoji!

I've heard a lot of praise for this. The guy does know some stuff, he's seen it all, in many ways.
But I can't help wondering if I could ever relax, listening to someone so <MODS: redacted>

Never Strays Far is good, but folks should be aware of the high David Millar content! He's almost as marmite as Lance amongst racing fans. (it's focused on the alternative side to racing - the stories in the cracks, sort of ... )

I really like Mark Beaumont, hopefully his pod lives upto expectations :smile:

(apologies for spamming this thread ... :-\ )

Top Bottom