Cycling podcasts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I'm also going to give a shoutout for The Sprocket Podcast from way across North America in Portland, Oregon. The talk is often about local or regional issues, but I enjoy and am informed by hearing views from cyclists in other places. The hosts have a very friendly approach and extend their discussions to connect with issues of diversity, sustainability and sometimes the underlying contributing political factors.
Portland sounds like quite an interesting place for many reasons, but especially for its cycling culture. Perhaps we have something to learn from that.

dodgy

Streets Ahead is about utility cycling and active travel, sounds boring, might be to some! I find it interesting and well put together, features Ned Boulting, Adam Tranter and Laura Laker, they usually have a guest on also.

https://play.acast.com/s/streets-ahead

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm also going to give a shoutout for The Sprocket Podcast from way across North America in Portland, Oregon. The talk is often about local or regional issues, but I enjoy and am informed by hearing views from cyclists in other places. The hosts have a very friendly approach and extend their discussions to connect with issues of diversity, sustainability and sometimes the underlying contributing political factors.
Portland sounds like quite an interesting place for many reasons, but especially for its cycling culture. Perhaps we have something to learn from that.
We’ve been to Portland several times (we used to live in California). It’s a wonderful city very much like the U.K. in many ways but it felt happier and more chilled. We would happily have moved there!

Mark Beaumont has just launched a new podcast called Endurance. Speaks for itself... Available on most podcast platforms, i use spotify.
Finally listened to Ep1 (they're quite long!). Very good, but be aware - it's 4min10 until you get through intro and adverts!

Of course it was bound to be good with the panel he had (even though they went over a lot of ground familiar to ultra-followers). Ep2 will be interesting to assess ... :-)

Another big fan here of The Cycling Podcast family. I recently started listening to their Explore show too, found it very enjoyable. Nice to hear some chat about simply the enjoyment of riding the bike.
The interviews that TCP have been doing with each other have been good too, I particularly enjoyed Richard’s interview of Orla.

Never Strays Far is good, but folks should be aware of the high David Millar content! He's almost as marmite as Lance amongst racing fans. (it's focused on the alternative side to racing - the stories in the cracks, sort of ... )
NSF has started up again with daily Giro coverage.

It's rubbish.

I love David+Ned, but these are just two blokes wittering, rarely with much of interest to say. I'd heartily recommend TCP for Giro coverage.

Hopefully Mr Millar will get his podcast mojo back in the future; his shows with the Danish guy were rather good.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podca...rtmanteau,,article for The Guardian newspaper.

I`m away to look up what portmanteau means ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Ah, named for the ipod, which was in turn named for Steve Job's left testicle, in much the same way Santa Pod was names after Father Christmas' space hoppers.

Top Bottom