Cycling Problems!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JJBBangor

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project to bring a new product/service to the cycling market, and I want to solve some problems associated with cycling, I'm a cyclist myself and have a few ideas, but I really want to hear from you.

Is there anything which has always bothered you on the commute to work? Is storing/carrying things while cycling a problem? is storing the actual bike around your home a problem? It could be something to do with equipment like clothing, tools, parts etc.

I really want to hear from experienced cyclists, it would be good if you could just add a line stating how much you cycle, your age, or how much experience you have, but you don't have to do this.

Looking forward to your replies!

I really don't get on well with panniers and hate the fact that I get a sweaty back from carrying a backpack.

OP
OP
J

JJBBangor

Panniers was a thought of mine too, current designs aren't exactly perfect!

invent a 100% waterproof material that doesnt make you sweat at all and feels the same as lycra but warmer and wind proof for winter rides and you will get rich ...quick.
Now that would make me a very very rich man! thanks for the suggestions!

KneesUp

Guru
Bike carrier for saloons - back wheel sits in channel attached to the boot lid, like those old racks for sports cars, front fork is clipped with QR skewer into attachment on rear roof bar.

Advantages
1) easier to load
2) can still put roof box on the roof bars
3) can carry bikes with a BMW saloon (and those people have money)
4) more aerodynamic
5) leaves towbar free for towing

Obviously I'd like a share of the profits, OP, Thule, or anyone else reading this!

Ern1e

Über Member
Cycle tyres that last longer and are 100% no now I cant say that word or one will come to get me lol, and has to experience etc at this time of year I seem to be doing 80 + mls a week and back riding for just over 18 mths (I think)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Long distance commuter in West Yorkshire. I'd like a fresh pair of legs half way through the week. Can you design replaceable legs?

david k

Hi
my issue is not with the bike itself but with the facilities for cyclists, at work, the gym, parks etc. more lockers, washing/shower facilities, changing rooms etc.

maybe some type of gaiter similar to that used by walkers for cycling with work trouser on?

Top Bottom