Cycling purchases 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

Maybe a cheap CX or gravel bike. Would retire the Triban commuter if that happened.

Would also like some nice Hunts for the TCR.. unsure on whether to go for the Aero Light Discs or splurge on a set of 50 carbons..

Apart from that nothing much really. If I see a cheap as chips fixie/track bike I might jump. Same goes for a proper smart trainer (dumb plus power meter here at the mo).

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing major anticipated, except maybe some Ortlieb panniers. Will need a chain and probably cassette for at least one bike at some point

Same here. Given up on all that N+1 nonsense.
Some inner tubes, chain lube, squirty stuff, and possibly some summer tyres. That’s yer lot!
:smile:

Am nearing that state, though I do have somewhere approaching ten bikes in three places. It is possible I won't be buying a new bike again - but will be doing more cycling and exploring. Will soon be getting some mudguards from Rose of germany along with consumables to keep the bike collection running and hit the free postage level. To fit with motley other bits and a nice frame I picked up for £21.

Maybe a cheap CX or gravel bike. Would retire the Triban commuter if that happened.
).

I am considering going the other way and getting a road bike. I don’t use my Boardman CX comp for commuting as I now drive in. I’ve upgraded a few bits to carbon. Interested in a swap?

mgs315

I am considering going the other way and getting a road bike. I don’t use my Boardman CX comp for commuting as I now drive in. I’ve upgraded a few bits to carbon. Interested in a swap?

Hah alas you wouldn’t want this Triban, was only £200 new and I’ve abused it a crazy amount.

Alan O

Über Member
I've just gone for a new lower-geared chainset to help me get up hills a bit better this year. Nothing expensive, just a cheap one from Spa.

I've just gone for a new lower-geared chainset to help me get up hills a bit better this year. Nothing expensive, just a cheap one from Spa.
But a perfectly good one I assume. My favourite bike has a Spa chainset. Rejoice, quality (as opposed to bling branding) can be cheap.

U

User169

Silca tool roll ordered which will be amazeballs.

Two big ticket items for 2019:

Hub dynamo set up for best bike.
Respray for audax bike.

And loads of super lush Cafe du Cycliste gear!

Top Bottom