Cycling rescue app for iPhone and Android

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Custom24

Über Member
Hi there

An old friend of mine has released an iOS and Android app which I think the community here would be interested in. http://www.isosalert.com/

It's a bit different than other apps because it works off cessation of movement as detected by the device itself rather than GPS, so it's novel. It then can phone contacts to alert them that something might be wrong and give them your location and so on.

I have no other interest in it apart from it's my old friend who has developed this. I've also spoken to Shaun (the Cyclechat site owner) and cleared this post with him.

Thanks
Mark

OP
OP
Custom24

Custom24

Über Member
I'm not sure (I don't have a suitable phone), but I don't think it requires GPS to be turned on, because it works off cessation of movement as measured by the device's accelerometer. It may be that GPS just gets turned on when it goes into alerting mode.

matthat

Über Member
I like the concept of it but at a fiver a pop and also no reviews or downloads to note i'm gonna give it a miss for now but i am going to try mtb sos purely because its free!! (cheapskate i know):thumbsup:

Top Bottom