1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling: safer then living!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by betty swollocks, 20 Feb 2008.

1. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

2. radger

radger Über Member

so i should set my house on fire to make my life safer? :smile:

3. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

The aviation stats are scary. The safest form of travel? Not any more.

4. ChrisKH

What's general aviation v scheduled airlines? Is this when you drop a tab of acid and think you can fly? :smile:

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Figures mean very little, when it's time to go it happens, end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

General aviation will include accidents that happen in small private planes and the like, plus international flights.

7. ChrisKH

I won't be going up in my brother's Cessna again!

8. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

No. Drop those plans to become a skydiver.

9. redfox

redfox New Member

Reminds me of an old anecdote about the frequent flyer who started to obsess that a fellow passenger might be a bomb wielding terrorists, so he consulted a statistician for reassurance.

The Statistician calculated that the odds of him getting on a plane with someone carrying a bomb at about ten thousand to one.

However, this did not reassure our frequent flyer at all, in fact it worried him greatly, so he asked how the risk might be mitigated.

The Statistician thought for a moment and then declared "Take a bomb on-board yourself! The odds of there being two bombers are almost negligible."

10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine

General aviation is peeps who have small planes, IIRC, and fly themselves and maybe a few friends about. Amateur flying, if you like. As distinct from airlines.

Hallucinogens are not normally required. You're thinking of Ryanair there.:wacko: