Cycling Safety Camera - Ghost Drift XL & Others (fly 12 CE ? )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since I got knocked off my bike a few years back - I've always cycled with a camera. I have the cycliq Fly 12 - I like the long the battery life and the fact that it loops around overwriting the oldest footage (although you can lock footage if you wish). I did have a trail of the Fly 12CE - but found this very buggy - the main problem that even when turned off - it wasn't - as such the battery was flat if left for a few days. No idea if they fixed this

Anyway the fly 12 has been great - but has now become a bit unreliable. I would like a replacement I'm thinking with a least 5 hours battery life and that loops the footage around without me having to format the card.

My battery requirement would appear to rule out most of the go pro style cameras. the closest thing I can find is the ghost drift XL - anyone any experience ? or with a more recent FLY 12 CE ?

Solocle

Über Member
The Ghost XL doesn't cycle around - but if you bung a 128GB card in there you don't need it to. Just make sure to clear it out every week or so!

I recently did a slow 200 km ride with the thing, and the battery gave after about 100 miles. Just over half full.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The Ghost XL doesn't cycle around - but if you bung a 128GB card in there you don't need it to. Just make sure to clear it out every week or so!

I recently did a slow 200 km ride with the thing, and the battery gave after about 100 miles. Just over half full.

So how many hours is the battery life in your experience ?

I have the newer(ish) Fly12, cant fault it really, just does what it says.
I had a Ghost, not the XL, the 'drift' I think and was really impressed with it until it bricked 1 day - a month out of warranty and the customer service was useless, when they did bother to reply it was clear they had not read what I had said and were just offering 20% off a new model, not interested in fixing the problem with the older one.
I do sometimes wonder if I am being hard on Ghost, it was my only experience of them and sometimes tempted to go back as I really do want a helmet camera rather than a handlebar one (as good as the Fly is) but cant find any sort of bullet shaped other than Ghost

Top Bottom