Cycling Saved My Life.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Too tired to watch it now, but I can certainly relate to the sentiment.

Kbrook

Veteran
I watched it and enjoyed it but what a dreamer thinking he could qualify for the world champs, you just had to look at his physique to realise it was never going to happen. Kudos for his round the world achievement though.

I watched it and enjoyed it but what a dreamer thinking he could qualify for the world champs, you just had to look at his physique to realise it was never going to happen. Kudos for his round the world achievement though.

I also took amusement but he must have something (at least prior to Epstein Barr), he's got the world record for the most miles in 7days https://www.joshquigley2026.com/guinness-world-record

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

This isn't meant to be rude or anything, but I think you may have missed the crux of the guy, as whilst he obviously came late to the party, he obviously has plenty in the tank, although it maybe wasn't shown last night. One thing to remember is, yes he failed in his ambition to qualify for his home competition, but he's not done yet, I'm reasonably confident he will succeed at whatever he sets his sights on.......eventually. Good luck to him, can't beat a bit of ambition.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A great achievement to pull his life back on track and find a tool to help him do so. It's a huge individual battle and while friends and family can give support it is only ever the individual who can make the change.

Nothing wrong with being a dreamer but the UCI was clearly never a possibility and his final goal is to compete in the TDF. Perhaps he still needs to bring some realism into his life.

Kbrook

Veteran
This isn't meant to be rude or anything, but I think you may have missed the crux of the guy, as whilst he obviously came late to the party, he obviously has plenty in the tank, although it maybe wasn't shown last night. One thing to remember is, yes he failed in his ambition to qualify for his home competition, but he's not done yet, I'm reasonably confident he will succeed at whatever he sets his sights on.......eventually. Good luck to him, can't beat a bit of ambition.

I did say kudos for his great achievement but he wasn’t just trying to enter a local crit but the world champs. It’s brilliant how he’s turned his life around though. The last bit of the programme stated he is determined to race the Tour de France, and you are reasonably confident he will do it? Good luck to him but it’s not going to happen.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
He appears to have the stamina for endurance cycling but I don't think he is a competitive cyclist.

I know three people from my club who have qualified for the worlds. The programme showed nothing to suggest he's at this level.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I did say kudos for his great achievement but he wasn’t just trying to enter a local crit but the world champs. It’s brilliant how he’s turned his life around though. The last bit of the programme stated he is determined to race the Tour de France, and you are reasonably confident he will do it? Good luck to him but it’s not going to happen.

I'll keep you posted. :okay:

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
He appears to have the stamina for endurance cycling but I don't think he is a competitive cyclist.

I know three people from my club who have qualified for the worlds. The programme showed nothing to suggest he's at this level.

I tend to agree, but what do I know, especially given his world record which from my understanding, included covering distance at speed.

I also agree that the programme didn't show much to suggest he is at that level, but I think I know enough to think he could still kick on from here. Time is definitely against him, and I can't remember who likened it to a 20 handicapper qualifying for the open, but I reckon that's a fair enough assessment.

I also think the programme was more about overcoming adversity and mental health rather than detracting from whatever he may or not do in the future.

One to keep an eye on for me anyway.

Top Bottom