Cycling Saved My Life.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I watched the program today, and it's excellent that he has found an outlet to get himself together, but he does have some unrealistic ambitions in relation to racing as a pro. Maybe he could do with some guidance as to joining a club and take it from there.

This isn't meant to be rude or anything, but I think you may have missed the crux of the guy, as whilst he obviously came late to the party, he obviously has plenty in the tank, although it maybe wasn't shown last night. One thing to remember is, yes he failed in his ambition to qualify for his home competition, but he's not done yet, I'm reasonably confident he will succeed at whatever he sets his sights on.......eventually. Good luck to him, can't beat a bit of ambition.

I thought it was less about whether he succeeds at what he sets his sights on than, after the issues that troubled him, he actually set his sights on something and tried.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I thought it was less about whether he succeeds at what he sets his sights on than, after the issues that troubled him, he actually set his sights on something and tried.

I suppose we are always going to take something different out of the same story, but I don't agree. He didn't try and cycle the world he did it. Same with the record, and I'm reasonably confident there's more to come.

I did say in another post that I felt the program was more about mental health and overcoming adversity, and cycling was just a happy accident.

I also think the it was the last comment of the program, but Josh was encouraging everyone to do more when he said that most people would be surprised by what they were physically capable of. Not word for word, but you get he sentiment.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was great that he found cycling helped him so much, and what he has achieved is very impressive. I just hope that when the reality of failed pro dreams hits him, he won't suffer some sort of relapse! (Riding the Tour de France when thus far he doesn't appear to have done well in any race at any level...? :whistle:)

There are lots of other, more realistic cycling challenges that he could aim for such as time trialling records.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
He could be inspired by Nick Sanders and one of his cycling world records from the 80s still stands

Sanders still holds the Guinness World Record for fastest ride around the coast of Great Britain, riding a verified 4,800 miles (7,720 km) in 22 days

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Sanders

Top Bottom