Cycling Shoes Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I also have quite high/wide feet and have had problems getting Shimano shoes to fit. I have found my usual size and one size bigger too tight in the past so had given up on Shimano shoes, but then I spotted THESE on clearance at a bargain price (£32) at CRC. I decided to take a chance and ordered them in EU size 47. (I am a UK 10 or an EU 45 normally.)

They are probably about a half size too big but I can adjust the width/height using the straps and the extra wiggle room for my toes is very welcome. I have done a couple of rides over 100 miles long in them and got on ok.

They are not as well-ventilated as my old shoes so they a bit on the warm side in hot conditions, but let's face it - in the UK that means they will be more comfortable in the cool conditions that we get most of the time!

I would have preferred the black & white ones but was not prepared to pay an extra £15.50. The grey colour does show the dirt, but that doesn't bother me.

Definitely worth considering!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Whatever, don't fall for cheaper WHITE shoes in the sales - you'll regret. Better to buy dark coloured at the full price.

Don't be so quick to discount white shoes. I was always a fan of black shoes, until I was driving one day & came up behind a group of cyclists, the first thing I noticed from a distance was one guys white shoes spinning away. I know everyone seems to like wearing black everything on their bike, but if it helps to be seen, I'd rather wear white shoes ( & they are quite often reduced :smile:) I was surprised at how easy it is to keep them fairly clean too :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Old stock but if you can get them northwave spike Evo shoes,I have wide feet and found I could wear them in the same shoe size I wear normally.went a size up and had to put thicker insoles in.

OP
OP
lane

lane

Veteran
I have just purchased these - not worn them yet so can't give a review. I went a size up and there does seem to be more space in the toe area although I think half a size up might have been ok.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=GB

Lake look very good from the point of view of wider feet but were outside my budget.

I will give a review when I have worn them longer. Thanks for the help.

Olikana

I chose shoes in the store. Then I searched for it on the Internet at a lower price.

Top Bottom