Cycling shorts for kids?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have been cycling with my son on the tag-along for a couple of weeks now and we're trying to venture out further each time. We've got a trip planned for tomorrow that should take about and hour and a half. Thing is that after about 45 mins he complains that his bottom is getting sore. Not sure whether he just needs to get more saddle time or whether he'd benefit from cycling shorts...

Do you think he'll just get used to it (although I certainly wear cycling shorts for our rides)?
or
Should I buy him some cycling shorts and do they even make them for 7yr olds???

Thanks in advance.

Kumquat

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/500-junior-cycling-shorts-black-red-id_8328335.html
My brother had a pair of decathlon kids shorts a few years ago and they were basically exactly the same as the cheap adult ones (that I had) only smaller. Better than nothing, anyway.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I personally would get him more saddle time first as 45 mins isn't really anything. Also, I presume things like the saddle set up is ok?

That said though, if shorts help keep him cycling then.....

Oh my! You have now got me thinking about a 7 year old's bum! :blink:

Last edited:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Have been cycling with my son on the tag-along for a couple of weeks now and we're trying to venture out further each time. We've got a trip planned for tomorrow that should take about and hour and a half. Thing is that after about 45 mins he complains that his bottom is getting sore. Not sure whether he just needs to get more saddle time or whether he'd benefit from cycling shorts...

Do you think he'll just get used to it (although I certainly wear cycling shorts for our rides)?
or
Should I buy him some cycling shorts and do they even make them for 7yr olds???

Thanks in advance.
Yes they do.. make them that is

I get Squidges from the dreaded Sports Direct, the way he grows I am not paying lots of pennies for them he likes them.

I don't wear them... the world is not ready for me in lycra and I have my own built in padding...

Top Bottom