Cycling to a Parkrun and - BAM!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Oh no! Sorry to hear this, Rimas. I'm glad that it wasn't worse, and hope you're not too sore.

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
Did the driver get back in touch?

And how did you fit your bike in the Micra?:wacko:

yes, the driver called me to say that they reported it to peckham police station and will have to wait ten working days for a reference number (that's the update i got).
as for fitting my bike in the micra.. well, there was also one other passenger in that car!^_^ my bike went onto a back seat across, with the front wheel removed, then i was told(!) to also sit in the back, and i replied that i can't possibly fit in there, even if i tried. then the passenger who was smaller than me somehow managed to squeeze in there and i took the front seat, fully slid forward. the drive home was "interesting" with the driver shouting something to the passenger in a language i could not understand..:rolleyes:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi Rimas,
Glad you're ok.

It took about two weeks for me to get a follow up letter following my crash a couple of week's ago. My insurance accepted the Police call reference number rather than waiting for the actual crime reference number (mine was a hit and run). The other difference was the Police came out to see me the next day and went through the form with me!

As stated, the best thing is that you're in a fit state to tell us the story!!

Similar happened to me last week. Just filled in all the paper work sent from the BC solicitors. Looks like it could be a long process though :sad:

A friend/collegue was knocked off, 5 years ago, & his case is still ongoing - with the driver (& possibly insurance company?) still trying to 'muddy the waters' (his 2nd incident - since that, has, I think, been sorted)

So, sorry, it may be a long process!

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
resurecting this thread. does anyone know a bike shop in london which does crash damage assessment (for a fee)?
i have tried couple of chain shops, but they said they don't do that anymore. i have fixed the bike into rideable state, however the frame and forks are still slightly bent and need to be replaced. just need an estimate repair/replacement cost from a bike shop which i can then forward to an insurance co.
many thanks!

resurecting this thread. does anyone know a bike shop in london which does crash damage assessment (for a fee)?
i have tried couple of chain shops, but they said they don't do that anymore. i have fixed the bike into rideable state, however the frame and forks are still slightly bent and need to be replaced. just need an estimate repair/replacement cost from a bike shop which i can then forward to an insurance co.
many thanks!

Contact the London Cycling Campaign, I am sure they will have a list

However I think you have made a mistake..... the machine should not be rideable if the frame and forks are bent. Not only are you letting yourself into a minefield of unknown damage and potential failure, but is will weaken an argument for replacement

martint235

Dog on a bike
many thanks!
Welling Cycles will do it to an extent but if you're looking for stuff like ultrasound they won't be able to help.

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
thanks guys, i need a basic assessment - from what i can see myself the forks are bent therefore front wheel is not at the centre. frame may have a slight kink on a top tube where it joins head tube. rear axle is bent. i've rebuilt the front wheel with a new rim (but i have photos to show the damaged front wheel as it was before). i'll check with welling cycles and lcc. thanks!

Top Bottom