Cycling to a Parkrun and - BAM!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zigzag

Veteran
RTA25Jan14_1.jpg

i was cycling to a parkrun today, but had my trip cut short by a careless driver who entered mini roundabout without looking (properly). i didn't have a chance to slow down and avoid the car (i was in the middle of roundabout at that time). the front wheel hit the bumper, i rolled over the bonnet and landed on the ground. luckily only a minor bruise on the left leg where it hit handlebars. the bike however will need fixing/replacing (pringled wheel and bent fork). you can see a d-lock on the ground to the right of a blue car, i was carrying it on my handlebars..
the driver took me and the bike back home, but was very unhappy that they will be late for church...

we've exchanged details and i expect a call with an incident reference number and an insurance policy number by 4pm. i had many other plans today and rta was not one of them! stay safe out there.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
No 1 thing - you are here.

Now. Document EVERYTHING. Also, get to the hospital/doctors and get checked over/documented. If you didn't call the police, do so NOW. You were injured in a RTC and as such this must be reported.

As for the mypoic/careless/inconvenienced church-goer - this is a family forum, so I'll not go into it.

Please tell me you are with CTC/BC and that you'll take the driver to the cleaners?

jamin100

Guru
Similar happened to me last week. Just filled in all the paper work sent from the BC solicitors. Looks like it could be a long process though :sad:

At the moment you will still be anaesthetised by the flight and fight syndrome.

This will mask injuries and make then less painful - you will start to hurt this evening or tomorrow

Glad you are able to post on here, but as above get checked out properly

Also as above record everything from phone calls to bus / taxi fares, petrol and other costs where the lack of a bike has inconvenienced you and meant a change in normal practice

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ah, the joys of Deptford! It's not a good mini roundabout but now that Boris has taken over planning permission from Lewisham Council for the Convoy's Wharf development (essentially big business overriding planning concerns) they'll need to install traffic lights there. Because the development has no transport links at all.

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
thanks for your kind words and support everyone!

Now. Document EVERYTHING. Also, get to the hospital/doctors and get checked over/documented. If you didn't call the police, do so NOW. You were injured in a RTC and as such this must be reported.<...>
Please tell me you are with CTC/BC and that you'll take the driver to the cleaners?

i have asked her to contact police and report it and get and incident number from them so i can contact her insurance company later with that reference number. if i call police myself wouldn't there be a duplication of records? i'll wait till 4pm for her call and if not i'll proceed as per your advice.
i am an affiliate member of ctc via "fridays".

Glad you are able to post on here, but as above get checked out properly

thanks, i will book a gp appointment next week, the injury does not seem serious enough for an a&e. regarding injuries - i was really lucky and can't complain now unless as Cunobelin says i am still anaesthetised by stress hormones. what should i tell a doctor?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
thanks for your kind words and support everyone!

i have asked her to contact police and report it and get and incident number from them so i can contact her insurance company later with that reference number. if i call police myself wouldn't there be a duplication of records? i'll wait till 4pm for her call and if not i'll proceed as per your advice.
i am an affiliate member of ctc via "fridays".

thanks, i will book a gp appointment next week, the injury does not seem serious enough for an a&e. regarding injuries - i was really lucky and can't complain now unless as Cunobelin says i am still anaesthetised by stress hormones. what should i tell a doctor?
Report it to the police straight away, it's up to them to decide if it's duplicated or not.

OP
OP
zigzag

zigzag

Veteran
so... instead of a morning run and scheduled spinning class i've spent the whole day thinking about the incident and comfort eating :sad:.
i have called police earlier on, reported the collision (i was given a call reference number), they said i still need to go to a police station to fill out the form/report in order to get a "proper" case reference number. i remember seeing a very useful template on how to report an accident on this site, can't find it now.
i'm grateful for all your support peeps!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
so... instead of a morning run and scheduled spinning class i've spent the whole day thinking about the incident and comfort eating :sad:.
i have called police earlier on, reported the collision (i was given a call reference number), they said i still need to go to a police station to fill out the form/report in order to get a "proper" case reference number. i remember seeing a very useful template on how to report an accident on this site, can't find it now.
i'm grateful for all your support peeps!!

HERE you go

Top Bottom