Cycling to school?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I usually find a shout of "What part of 'Keep Clear' don't you understand?" helps... obviously it doesn't help them as they're clearly just moronic individuals with dried sheep droppings dipped in horse piss for brains, but it helps me relieve my rising stress levels at seeing these idiots. :laugh::ohmy:!

I'm all Zen-like, me. No, really! :cry:

Masterful insult, wasted as they wouldn't understand it. :laugh:

Having pondered on the problem, which looks pretty widespread. Could CCTV work? There all the time and doesn't tie up a PCSO. A few fines hitting doormats accompanied by a photo of offending vehicle may change behaviour - can parking fines be issued via CCTV monitoring?
I'm no fan of the abundance of cameras but might change my mind in this case.

My kids like walking or cycling to school. They meet friends, catch up and arrive a lot more awake and ready for lessons than they did going out of the front door.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Piemaster said:
Masterful insult, wasted as they wouldn't understand it. :laugh:

Having pondered on the problem, which looks pretty widespread. Could CCTV work? There all the time and doesn't tie up a PCSO. A few fines hitting doormats accompanied by a photo of offending vehicle may change behaviour - can parking fines be issued via CCTV monitoring?
I'm no fan of the abundance of cameras but might change my mind in this case.

My kids like walking or cycling to school. They meet friends, catch up and arrive a lot more awake and ready for lessons than they did going out of the front door.

The zig-zags outside schools are yellow rather than white and as such are only advisory. This is the problem that they need to become enforcable.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
summerdays said:
The zig-zags outside schools are yellow rather than white and as such are only advisory. This is the problem that they need to become enforcable.

Not these ones, they are yellow, backed up with yellow signage so I'm assuming enforcable. I do know of one ticket being issued as the PCSO mentioned it to Mrs. Pie, who works there, and I later heard 2 parents discussing it while waiting at leaving time.

Slightly OT, but when I lived opposite a school in Wolverhampton I used to occasionally park an artic outside it for the night. (Not, I hasten to add, on the zig zag markings.) Come the morning, it was always fun watching the mummies panicking about the fact that they couldn't park their 4x4s within ten yards of the entrance like they usually did.:biggrin:

Top Bottom