Cycling to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunlopdave

Cycled to work for the first time on the new bike today.Should save me 50 miles a week in diesel,cycle path all the way so don't have to worry about traffic.wish I'd started this cycling lark years ago

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good on ya!
Now watch yourself get fitter and your stamina get far stronger.

Pigo

Well Done - keep it up! I try to cycle to work at least once a week when the clocks change - this may not sound much but its 18 miles each way & I start early so have to leave home around 4.30am. The miles soon clock up & I'm soooooo much fitter! Enjoy it!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
dunlopdave i have done that now for about 5 years and have only get really wet a handfull of times .

but yes it easy once you get use to it , i wish my commute was longer most days

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done all keep it up !

If you can get through the next month or two the rest of the year you will really enjoy as the weather gets better, by summer you will be flying along enjoying every minute ^_^

Well done dunlopdave, but i hope you realise its people like you ..(and me) that caused a billion fewer litres of fuel to be sold last year:wahhey:. And don't go getting any ideas that you'll be saving money, you just wouldn't believe what you can spend on cycling stuff.:whistle:

Well Done - keep it up! I try to cycle to work at least once a week when the clocks change - this may not sound much but its 18 miles each way & I start early so have to leave home around 4.30am. The miles soon clock up & I'm soooooo much fitter! Enjoy it!

Pigo, my commuting "season" used to start with BST but have cycled through this winter, mind for some it has been a kind winter so far.

Terry Kay

Same here! Used to walk in but the depots moving so got a bike now to get my fitness up and bike the 4 miles after we move.. And loving it! Regularly take a detour home to get a few more miles in..

Though finger crossed you don't get like me and end up spending any money you save on accessories.. Most recent being a replacement pump (broke mine) and SPD shoes (bought the pedals two weeks back..)

Same here! Used to walk in but the depots moving so got a bike now to get my fitness up and bike the 4 miles after we move.. And loving it! Regularly take a detour home to get a few more miles in..

Though finger crossed you don't get like me and end up spending any money you save on accessories.. Most recent being a replacement pump (broke mine) and SPD shoes (bought the pedals two weeks back..)

Oh Terry you've started now, that's what happens, first a new pump followed by spd shoes, before you know it you'll want top brand kit and a full carbon job, bankruptcy awaits you!

Top Bottom