Cycling trousers, not tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The older version of the Kiwi Pro Stretch with the thigh pocket on the right (the new version has it on the left) was definitely softer and had more stretch and a better cut and finish. Mine were O.K. for -3°C this morning without thermals underneath.

Reactions: mjr

Big Andy

Über Member
Had my first ride with these on at the weekend. Quite impressed
http://tenn-outdoors.co.uk/collections/road-mens-trousers-pants/products/mens-driven-trousers

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
So I hung about the Tenn website for a few minutes to see if one of those pop-ups came up saying someone from Norfolk had bought some trousers. Someone told me once about this thing you can get called a 'life'? :unsure:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So I hung about the Tenn website for a few minutes to see if one of those pop-ups came up saying someone from Norfolk had bought some trousers. Someone told me once about this thing you can get called a 'life'? :unsure:
It wasn't me! They sound too short. Note the frame size in my avatar...

Let me know if you find out about that life thingy. ;)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4643885, member: 259"]They were better quality all round. I would not buy the new ones again.[/QUOTE]

Don't think I will either.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
It wasn't me! They sound too short. Note the frame size in my avatar...

Let me know if you find out about that life thingy. ;)
Don't hold yer breath.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I gave up on Craghoppers because the quality is so hit and miss - puckered fly plackets, dodgy stitching, material sewn too close the the fabric edge (cut too lean before the stitch). They used to be good but just too shoddy - it really is a game of chance whether you get something decent or not.
I've dealt with the flapping thread ends on my Craghoppers trousers and shirt by putting the end through the eye of a number 4 needle and sewing it through to the inside where it'll be less annoying and unlikely to catch on anything.

Relatedly: easy-threading needles are brilliant for this sort of task where the end hasn't been neatly cut and would be awkward or too short to thread in an ordinary needle. I don't think I've used one before. Sorry if they're old news to anyone :smile:

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Mine came Saturday. They fit well - Craghopper seem to be about the only technical clothing company that cater for short legs - but they don't seem as substantial as my normal-wear cargo trousers. I'll see how they go - I can always wear some longjohns underneath.

Top Bottom