Cycling whilst ill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Don't even consider it if it is on your chest. I rode 17 miles to work (thinking i had a cold) and collapsed. Docs told me that my body rerouted all the oxygen from my muscles to my organs to save me from dying, because i was only taking in about a 3rd of the oxygen i required, which is why i collapsed. I could have given myself a heart attack. Spent 4 days in bed because i didn't have the strength to stand up.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Last year I went out ski-ing despite having the 'flu. Mild, but proper with aching limbs, feeling crap, dodgy tummy and all. Suffered for a couple of days afterwards for it.
Still, it was the last day, sun was shining and snow was fresh, so I didn't regret it for one minute!

Globalti

Legendary Member
As much as I generally have the legs when I'm not feeling 100%,I have to stop completely if I have manflu for example. Legs want to go but chest doesn't.

I'm sure it's an effect of being an ex 40-a-day smoker:shy:

Er... if that's you in the photo, do you think it might be because your underwear is too tight?

Oh no, you wrote "manflu".

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am completely full of a cold. Will wait to see how I feel before deciding on if I ride Saturday AM. Have stayed of the bike for the last two commutes though.:angry:

OP
OP
MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I rode Monday & Tuesday, had a car day Wednesday to give my body that break and rode again today. Feel so much better just for that one day off the bike. Manfllu has cleared up and getting back on track nicely :smile:

djb1971

Legendary Member
If I'm properly bunged up I ease off until I'm a bit better but I find that when I sense a cold starting a good ride in freezing temps stops it from catching hold. This is where a buff is an essential item, it'll protect your lungs from the biting temps.

Top Bottom