1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling, Who rides....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by chris42, 15 Aug 2007.

?
  1. under 50 miles per week

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 50-80 miles per week

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. 80-120 miles per week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Over 120

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chris42

chris42 New Member

Ok survey time about......

Cycling.

I ride on avarage 158 miles per week 3 early mornings and 2 weekend rides.

What does everyone else do?

2. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

I'm a mere short-commuter (thats a short distance commuter, rather than a small one!), and manage the 2.5 miles each way with an extra 15 mile round trip on Wednesday mornings.

And I only work tuesdays and wednesdays... so that's really not much!!

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

5 miles to and from work at present.

In June I was doing about 100 a week training for a charity ride.

When I move jobs it will go up to about 50/week.

The weather has had a huge impact on my leisure riding.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i commute about 45m a week, but if i go out at the weekend it can add anywhere between 20 and 50 so not sure which box to tick.

5. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

As you'll know from my helmet cam films, my commute is about half a mile, and most days I walk that...

Otherwise I cycle across town perhaps once or twice a week, visiting friends or to the allotment, a couple of miles, and sometimes out to horseriding, that's 6 each way.

When I go away for a weekend with cycling friends, I'll do 30 or 40 each day... Leisure riding has been pretty slack this year, for various reasons.

6. OP
    OP
    chris42

chris42 New Member

I'm able to be accurate as I keep a note of all the rides I do, easy with a polar s720i computer as this downloads to my pc.
    This is a real motivator as it spurs me on to keep my avarage up.
    Should do 6500 miles this year

7. monnet

monnet Über Member

I try to keep it around 180-200 a week during the summer, although given this year's weather some weeks have fallen noticeably short of that target. My aim is usually 100 during the week and then make up the rest with longish rides at the weekend.

8. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Last year I was doing about 80 miles a week of commuting plus weekend rides. Just over 6000 total. I was almost as pleased with the % of days ridden, which was over 80%.

9. OP
    OP
    chris42

chris42 New Member

As i said above...

quote:
    I'm able to be accurate as I keep a note of all the rides I do, easy with a polar s720i computer as this downloads to my pc.
    This is a real motivator as it spurs me on to keep my avarage up.
    Should do 6500 miles this year

10. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

I try to get out for a couple of 20 mile rides after work during the summer with longer rides at the weekends of between 30 - 50 miles. I also keep a record of all my rides using a simple spreadsheet with route, weather, distance, average speed, etc.

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

gosh that's keen ;)

12. barq

barq Senior Member

I'm a bit weather dependent. Commuting, trips to shops, post office etc account for 40km a week which is fairly constant. I try to do a 20km training loop three or four nights a week, plus weekend rides of anything between 20km to 80km. Obviously this all diminishes if its pissing down with rain.

13. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I ride 5 days a week and cover between 160 - 200 miles PW during the spring/summer. I drop to 125 - 150 over the winter, but still get out 5 times a week.

I have never covered more than 51miles in a single ride, but this mornings 35 miler is very typical of what I do most days.

I ride for fitness/pleasure only and have never competed as I don't think I'm good enough - most rides are at an average speed of between 16 - 18MPH.

14. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

12-15 miles a week regularly, sometimes 30-40 miles, all offroad.

How many road miles does this equal?

15. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

'bout double i reckon.