Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 50-80 miles per week

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 80-120 miles per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 120

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris42

Ok survey time about......

Cycling.

I ride on avarage 158 miles per week 3 early mornings and 2 weekend rides.

What does everyone else do?

mosschops2

I'm a mere short-commuter (thats a short distance commuter, rather than a small one!), and manage the 2.5 miles each way with an extra 15 mile round trip on Wednesday mornings.

And I only work tuesdays and wednesdays... so that's really not much!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
As you'll know from my helmet cam films, my commute is about half a mile, and most days I walk that...

Otherwise I cycle across town perhaps once or twice a week, visiting friends or to the allotment, a couple of miles, and sometimes out to horseriding, that's 6 each way.

When I go away for a weekend with cycling friends, I'll do 30 or 40 each day... Leisure riding has been pretty slack this year, for various reasons.

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

I'm able to be accurate as I keep a note of all the rides I do, easy with a polar s720i computer as this downloads to my pc.
This is a real motivator as it spurs me on to keep my avarage up.
Should do 6500 miles this year

monnet

Guru
I try to keep it around 180-200 a week during the summer, although given this year's weather some weeks have fallen noticeably short of that target. My aim is usually 100 during the week and then make up the rest with longish rides at the weekend.

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

ivancarlos said:
As much as I can :sad:

Chris42, that is a very precise average ;)

As i said above...

quote:
I'm able to be accurate as I keep a note of all the rides I do, easy with a polar s720i computer as this downloads to my pc.
This is a real motivator as it spurs me on to keep my avarage up.
Should do 6500 miles this year

fuzzy29

I try to get out for a couple of 20 mile rides after work during the summer with longer rides at the weekends of between 30 - 50 miles. I also keep a record of all my rides using a simple spreadsheet with route, weather, distance, average speed, etc.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
fuzzy29 said:
I try to get out for a couple of 20 mile rides after work during the summer with longer rides at the weekends of between 30 - 50 miles. I also keep a record of all my rides using a simple spreadsheet with route, weather, distance, average speed, etc.

gosh that's keen ;)

barq

I'm a bit weather dependent. Commuting, trips to shops, post office etc account for 40km a week which is fairly constant. I try to do a 20km training loop three or four nights a week, plus weekend rides of anything between 20km to 80km. Obviously this all diminishes if its pissing down with rain.

Blue

Legendary Member
I ride 5 days a week and cover between 160 - 200 miles PW during the spring/summer. I drop to 125 - 150 over the winter, but still get out 5 times a week.

I have never covered more than 51miles in a single ride, but this mornings 35 miler is very typical of what I do most days.

I ride for fitness/pleasure only and have never competed as I don't think I'm good enough - most rides are at an average speed of between 16 - 18MPH.

Globalti

Legendary Member
12-15 miles a week regularly, sometimes 30-40 miles, all offroad.

How many road miles does this equal?

Top Bottom