Cycling With A Cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been cycle commuting for 26 years and I have been more ill than you have ever imagined.I dont think it's clever now and nor did I then as I went back to work too early and I was quite ill so your silly comments are getting right on my tits.

Terminator said:
I've been cycle commuting for 26 years and I have been more ill than you have ever imagined.I dont think it's clever now and nor did I then as I went back to work too early and I was quite ill so your silly comments are getting right on my tits.

Terminator, I think you have missed the joke. Maz was just playing with words, week off/wee cough. They sound very similar. I don't think he was making any comments about how ill you were!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Terminator said:

Sorry, what comments? Maz made a rather hackneyed pun, and I couldn't remember whether you were male or female and suggested that there might be a gender division. Have I offended your male sensibilites?

I think maybe you're being a bit touchy.

Sorry mate think nothing of it.It's not your fault.

I just had 26 days off work.& days on now arghhhh.The weathers (not very nice)(though I suppose i'll adjust to it as usual)I had a great time away and I am back to work today,leave soon and im not looking forward to it.Cheers.

PMT also.Think i've still got Jet Lag.;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Thought for the day..

One of the nice things about cycling in to work and back is the hour each way when (when not having to be 100% concentrated on the road) your mind can drift. Sometimes it can actually be pretty productive.

Not surprising then that on a bike, those ideas are sometimes about bikes.

I had one of those ‘moments’ today. Not a new idea, just a way of looking at something. I couldn’t remember being put forward before, I could be wrong.

Its that old argument about car/cycle argument about rights to be on the road. It always seem to be cyclists shouldn’t be allowed…etc. etc.

What I can’t remember being put forward is that ‘cyclists’ (as a minority) aren’t allowed on the road.

Rather - every single person in the UK, male-, female, adult, child has the right to be on the road using a bike.
People don’t have the automatic right to use cars on the road unless they pay additionally for the privilege (not for the road upkeep)

Arch

Married to Night Train
gambatte said:
[Rather - every single person in the UK, male-, female, adult, child has the right to be on the road using a bike.
People don’t have the automatic right to use cars on the road unless they pay additionally for the privilege (not for the road upkeep)

I think that point is made rather regularly, on here at least...

Not sure what it's got to do with colds though?:blush:

Aha! Terminator! The clue I needed! You are a lady and therefore support the man-flu theory...:smile:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Thanks for the pointer Arch. That’s the problem with multitab browsing. Meant to start a new thread. I’ll do that now.
The difference I in the argument (as I see it) is that…….

No, wait. I’ll not hijack this thread.

Cycling with a cold. My advice. If its at all ‘chesty’ don’t do it. It wasn’t cycling, but I pushed myself with a chesty cold. Just went into work rather than talking it easy. It didn’t take long to turn into bronchitis. That’s f**king scary.

I usually run up stairs at home. With this, I was taking it a step at a time and having to stop halfway up, to catch my breath. It took weeks to properly shift.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crickey, you should recognise Terminator by now, he's an old school C+ member by a different name. The clue is in his location. (Admittedly I was pretty slow in picking it up, but the signs were all there).

Yeah sorry didn't feel well yesterday and don't feel great today.My right eye was sore after the commute and after that quite bad all day.Commute was fine though and I was fitter than what I thought I would be.Still don't feel 100% and don't really know why but im sure I will get over it.Also tyre was flat when I looked at it today.:blush:

Maz

Guru
BentMikey said:
Crickey, you should recognise Terminator by now, he's an old school C+ member by a different name. The clue is in his location. (Admittedly I was pretty slow in picking it up, but the signs were all there).
"he"? Are you sure about that, BentMikey?!

Top Bottom