Cycling with Back Pain....bad idea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
still sore...I called bupa and had a phone call with a doctor...she said it will probably pass in a few weeks and suggested ibuprofen and paracetamol and said she would send a video with some stretches (which never arrived).

It's become worse when I try to sleep. I am a front sleeper but that position quickly gets uncomfortable now so I try on my side but wake up with aches....cannit sleep on my back unless truly exhausted. Going to try a different pillow tonight.

it's perhaps 20% better than it was but still there. Will call GP on Monday If no change. Been off the bike but had a pootle to the shops on it today which felt quite good...less painful than walking in fact.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Certainly keep moving and stretching. Pain doesn't necessarily mean something is 'bad' - I've had to work through that since badly fracturing my spine. I'm OK now, but do suffer stiffnes and soreness constantly, but it helps keeping moving. I'm OK now cycling and walking, and can do both for numerous hours now. Manual work, and bending do cause me pain.

Try a few pillows to help support your body - I'm worse than my MIL for pillows, i have 4, two under my head, and one either side.

OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
thanks all, will try to keep active....might take the kids for a short ride after tea, will try the bupa stretches, the pillows between the knees thing I have tried but find it strangely uncomfortable and always kick it away in my sleep.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
MRI showed I had herniated lumbar discs, plus I had really bad sciatica just over 2 years ago that’s left my legs feeling a bit numb and weaker than they were. Thankfully cycling doesn’t seem to cause any pain.

Top Bottom