Cycling with COPD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sight-pin

Veteran
Hi numbnuts,
Yes, the doctor has given me Atimos Modulite and Ventolin.
It could be my nerves getting the better of me. She says that they will get it under control and that I can still ride as soon as it is. I'm 67 now and my spirometry reading was good a few weeks ago. I go back to see the doctor in just over a week, so there is a lot of questions I have to ask her.
She said it was only in the early stages according to the x-ray. Are there other tests that can be done?

Hi and welcome to the forum @evoprocarbon.
Your doctor will soon have you back on the road, It'll be years before it could get any worse once under control. Cycling and exercise will help.
The "Ventolin" is good for instant relief from that breathless asthmatic feeling you may have (which i also use) along with a Eklira Genuair inhaler and a Salmeterol inhaler.
My last lung function test recorded 37%, ( worrying a bit about that tbh), although i find blowing your nuts off through something the size of a toilet roll cardboard tube not very easy, Also It could of been that i was sitting down when tested for my low result where i'm normally tested standing as i find it easier to blow.

Miniman

Hi all. New to this forum stuff so please bear with me. Like you i too have mild copd and struggle for breath at times. I have always been a fairly keen cyclist . I find now though that i cant do more than about 20 miles or so. Im keen to learn a bit more about cadence cycling. How long should i maintain my effort at borg 4 level.
Slightly off topic but feel some of you may benefit from this, i find that if i blend a couple of oranges along with a big lump of fresh ginger and drink a glass morning and evening i dont need to use my inhaler so much i would be interested if anyone finds a benefit from this. Cheers

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom