Cycling with headphones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

cue the usual unrelated comments about jumping red lights and riding on the pavement

yello

Perhaps we should have a forum for 'the recurring discussions'? Or a sticky entitled 'things that get discussed a great deal' with links to corresponding threads! :laugh:

Sorry, didn't bother to click the link. Another of my petty bugbears.... links without description! Ah just ignore me, it's what most people do! ;)

Edit: broke the habit of a lifetime and clicked the link... can't work out if the bus driver slowed down and/or the driver realised the cyclist hadn't heard the horn. Was it possible for the bus to have stopped? Was it necessary for the bus to have run the bike over? So many questions, so little info!!

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
This comment made me lol:

"Cambridge must boast the largest number of illiterate and stupid cyclists in any city."

Perhaps we should have a forum for 'the recurring discussions'? Or a sticky entitled 'things that get discussed a great deal' with links to corresponding threads! :laugh:
Well I did suggest headphones discussions should be stuck in such a subforum along with the helmet debates :biggrin:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I personally don't, as I like to have all my senses as aware as possible, but I don't think having headphones is automatically dangerous, as long as you do plenty of shoulder checks.

I might get one of those little speakers to clip on the bike so I can have tunes!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Oh, and "The driver approached and blew his horn to warn the rider but he had earphones in"

If true (and something seems a bit fishy) then the cyclist's music was too loud.

Noodley

It's not realy a headphones topic tho, it is about a cyclist cycling where he should not have been, not hearing the bus going toot, and the bus ploughing into his bike despite the driver obviously seeing him - hence my question as to whether the bus had no brakes. If it did then it is a deliberate act on the part of the driver to hit the cyclist. He should not have been there, but the driver should have behaved properly...he should be banned from driving imo.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I always wear headphones. It helps block out the sound of people telling me to wear a helmet and stop at red lights.

Sometimes I cycle listening to music... I only have my left headphone in so I can hear traffic to my right (because in the UK we cycle of the left ;) )... Aslong as you are paying attention it should be alright...

Cdt. Pearce

Nearly there

Veteran
I cycle with ear phones but have the volume low enough so i can still have a conversation with someone and still hear traffic it beats listening to my breathing ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom