Cycling with other CycleChat members memories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've only met Longers once, at a bike event in Nottingham. Where I also met @mickle Spandex, Night Train (formerly of this parish) and Joe24 iirc.
@ianrauk I've ridden with a few times, as well as Chuffy and Baggy, Trinka and ttcycles, Aperitif, Plax, Aunty Helen, Waffles, @postman @theclaud @Ming the Merciless @Speicher and really, far too many to list every name.
If I've met you, I almost certainly enjoyed it and would happily meet up again. If I haven't, I'd probably like to :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My first night ride featured an early morning drinks party on Ditchling Beacon.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I once tried to catch @MarkA on that hellish straight line of the A68 outta Corbridge on the FNRttC #LonJoG. I was on a road bike, he was on a Brompton. He'd have remained a speck on the horizon had he not pulled over. To eat a cucumber.
Onboard cucurbit consumption, for the win !!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Politically or spacially?

I'm an uncharacteristic Centre-Right, spatially. I'm not too worried, though, as I'm pretty confident Ian isn't actually a Nazi.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The Fridays on tour in Germany in 2016.

It was October and we had an uncharacteristic heatwave across Europe. We stopped at the supermarket (HIT) and the owner (wheelchair) gave us several cases of chilled mineral water (free). There was so much water, some resorted to pouring on the heads to save carrying it all.

He passed away about 4 years ago.

Attachments

• 20160912-IMG_4350.jpg
    20160912-IMG_4350.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 14

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Over the years, I've introduced a few new members to Cyclechat, and I've also had the pleasure of making friends' of fellow Cyclechatters while out audaxing. Two deserving of particular mention are:
(1) @Banjo, who has been my Welsh Passepartout, planning and accompanying me on some wonderful rides in South Wales .... including one that took in the fantastic Newport Transporter Bridge and an epic climb of the Tumble, and
(2) @jembullo, a regular audax buddy and the long distance cake-eating champion of Gloucestershire.
I have really missed riding with those two since the start of the pandemic. Great times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom